The Offical Jegs 15" Wheel Thread

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
Quick question... Where can i get longer lug nuts to fit on these? i used the stock lugs and they hold ok but when taking them back off it didn't take that much pressure to get the lugs loose. just want to make sure i get enough thread in there for a secure hold before i run them.
If you don't have at least 1/2" of thread sticking out past the face of the wheel, your studs are too short. It won't matter which lug nut you get if the studs aren't long enough.

kbchevlvr

forum member
Reaction score
If you don't have at least 1/2" of thread sticking out past the face of the wheel, your studs are too short. It won't matter which lug nut you get if the studs aren't long enough.

per NHRA rulebook. the thread engagement into the lug must match atleast the diameter of the stud.

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score

dang, you know what, i dont think any of the stud stuck out past the face of the rim before i stuck the lugs on them. which studs do i need to get just in case i need to change them out soon? track day is only 2 weeks away :helpme:

Kipp07GT

Slug Box
Reaction score
Go with the ARP ones, there direct fit and long enough to pass inspections. Im going to have to get some myself, I just hate the price on them but its better than drilling the factory hubs.

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
so all i need is the front set right? no need for the rears? about to place my order in a couple of minutes...

Kipp07GT

Slug Box
Reaction score
The fronts and rears would be good to do all at once but if the rear studs fit better than the front then just do the front. But if they dont might as well go ahead and do all of them while your at it. The rears are cheaper I think.

Kipp07GT

Slug Box
Reaction score
Let me take a look and ill find them for you. Ive done so much research on skinnies and wides ive got threads all over this place asking questions. Be right back with your answer.

Kipp07GT

Slug Box
Reaction score
Rear: ARP 100-7703

3 1/2" Underhead Length, Press-In, 1/2-20 in. Right Hand Thread, Set of 5

check to see if these are the right ones Mikey. I pulled this off one of my old threads. Search under my old post and you'll see a bunch of questions asked about studs and wheels.

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
thanks man... i did a search on summit a while ago and this is what i found-

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=ARP%2D100%2D7723&N=700+400295+300117+4294863803+4294900366+115&autoview=sku

says for 2005+ rears but they are 69 bucks also... different size knurl diameter than the ones you had posted.

i'd rather pay 13 bucks a set from the ones you posted than the 69 per set i found haha i'll wait til we find out for sure what pn i need before ordering just to make sure.

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
guess the difference between the two is the length. the one you posted are 3.5" long and the other ones are only 3.115" long. since i run the 99-04 offset rims i'm going to go ahead and get the ones you posted since i could use the extra length of the studs anyway. going with the part number you gave me and hope they fit.

now i just need to find out what lugs i need to buy to make this work.

whats the knurl diameter btw?

Kipp07GT

Slug Box
Reaction score
pulled this from that thread also

ARP 100-7703 which seem to be for the 04- cars .603-.613 knurl size..also 15 bux a side or so..

would the moroso fit with out drilling.. I wonder if the other dimensions are ok?

the Arp front studs show a size of .549.. so taking that number to the moroso of .570.. .020 difference..

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
I'm going to throw the rear rim on again tomorrow and snap a pic of what the stud looks like and see if I need to swap them out also. I might be ok with the rears.

kbchevlvr

forum member
Reaction score
I'm going to throw the rear rim on again tomorrow and snap a pic of what the stud looks like and see if I need to swap them out also. I might be ok with the rears.

the rear rim is fine as long as you DONT have a spacer. If you have a spacer on the rear...MOST tracks will NOT let you run with a spacer on the "drive" wheel. it is a safety issue, and becasue the rear wheel is the one that transmits power the studs are more prone to shearing.

im sure you know that the fronts are short because you did use a spacer. the studs listed for the 05+ mustangs from arp are the ones you want. Keep in mind that these i think are kind of longer than needed for YOUR (ours, i have same wheels) application. so you might need to buy open style lugs so that they can tighten properly. be safe

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for clearing that up kb! What studs did you go with up front? What open end lugs do I need to make the purchase in a few hours? Appreciate your input

kbchevlvr

forum member
Reaction score
part number arp-100-7722

and the lugs would need to matching yours but with the hollowed out to allow the stud to pass through the center and not bottom out before tightening.

i would look for something that uses a 3/4" socket, instead of the 13/16" socket. the 13/16" size makes it difficult to find a impact socket to fit in the wheels lug recess. the only way i can tighten my lugs are with the tools i have are with a 3/8" drive thin wall socket. my 3/4" impact fits..so i just need to get the correct lugs.

Last edited:

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
thank man. i'll look up the lugs that fit those in a little while. now to find out how much installing the studs is going to run me...

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back