The PIC WHORE CLUB!!! Knock before you Enter!!!

Greed1

Reaction score
Cleaned up the Genesis. Mustang's playing a supporting role this time.
d9rLN2C.jpg

KdB1KEC.jpg

4qRfGDr.jpg

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score

FrankieD

Reaction score
Very nice 2009 45th anniversary edition. Congrats and welcome to the forums :waytogo:

Thanks! Got it in 17 the bottom pic is in Tupelo Ms. with original wheels ,Wife wanted to see Elvis we loved the ride about 800mi. Spent to much time on line shopping this winter here are some Pix s of what I did, I also got new rear springs, front loaded struts and adjustable front sway bar, adjustable panhard bar, strut brace and Hurst shifter. My Nephew in-law put new Ford Performance 3:55 gears in Sand blasted and Painted for me. This is my first late model mod, oh yea I'm 72. Hope I am replying right.

IMG_20200421_182159917.jpg IMG_20200421_182314532.jpg IMG_20200421_182318974.jpg IMG_20200421_182517373.jpg

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
Congrats on the suspension mods, FPP 3:55 gears and Hurst shifter. Meanwhile, enjoy your pony and thanks for posting your upgrade images :waytogo:

WNYGT5-0

Reaction score
Nice work!!

After having my rear blasted I couldn’t stand looking at it and imaging how the surface quality of the paint or powder was gonna turn out. So the grinder came out to take care of all the surface putting in the axel tubes. From the looks of yours you experienced the same pitting leading me to believe the extra work I’m putting myself through will be worth it in the end.

FrankieD

Reaction score
"Congrats on the suspension mods, FPP 3:55 gears and Hurst shifter. Meanwhile, enjoy your pony and thanks for posting your upgrade images" :waytogo:

Nice work!!

After having my rear blasted I couldn’t stand looking at it and imaging how the surface quality of the paint or powder was gonna turn out. So the grinder came out to take care of all the surface putting in the axel tubes. From the looks of yours you experienced the same pitting leading me to believe the extra work I’m putting myself through will be worth it in the end.

I live in Illinois , this was a one owner w/74k and was driven in salt, my nephew in law took it on his own to blast it but I am glad he did it came out pretty good for as bad as it was. He wanted to know if I wanted it painted or powder coated I decided since I don't drive it in the winter paint will work fine. He works for a Diesel mod shop so they have a professional sand blaster and it came out great he also had the cover powder coated again it was done in house. Some times family with connections is nice. I wish I could do something with the corrosion on the engine.

Last edited:

WNYGT5-0

Reaction score
I live in Illinois , this was a one owner w/74k and was driven in salt, my nephew in law took it on his own to blast it but I am glad he did it came out pretty good for as bad as it was. He wanted to know if I wanted it painted or powder coated I decided since I don't drive it in the winter paint will work fine. He works for a Diesel mod shop so they have a professional sand blaster and it came out great he also had the cover powder coated again it was done in house. Some times family with connections is nice. I wish I could do something with the corrosion on the engine.
I meant nothing Ill by my comment. I’m in salt covered western NY so I feel your pain. See here for example m k memeber i just finished. I blasted it myself, was ok with the results but wanted to have it finish blasted by a pro to make it extra good for powder coating... lol
You can see the difference is all. On this k member I’m not so worried, but I want my rear to look as clean as possible. I can’t understand why ford doesn’t do a better job coating/painting themselves.
0E122A0B-94A5-41CB-A157-CDFBAA85645F.jpeg228E4A2E-5331-4465-A72F-9F9BBAB62996.jpeg

FrankieD

Reaction score
Yea I know what you mean my welds on the K member are starting to corrode so I am going to wire brush and paint with good paint. I park mine as soon as the snow is going to fly so it will never see salt again and I think paint will do. I am going to get some rust stopper from Eastwood for the bottom. On the convertibles they have a rear body brace's that were rotten through on mine, I have a buddy with a Fab Shop he is making me some new ones. I think Ford is using a lot of Chinese steel so a lot of rusting and corrosion on parts.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
I bet those 8 months felt like an eternity Gabe lol. Looking good :waytogo:

Thanks Rocky.
Yeah, between the clutch taking a dump, the never-ending winter, the COVID-19 mess, and her getting quite sick recently, driving the Shelby just never quite happened.

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks Rocky.
Yeah, between the clutch taking a dump, the never-ending winter, the COVID-19 mess, and her getting quite sick recently, driving the Shelby just never quite happened.
All very good reasons that were way beyond your control Gabe. Especially with the Corona mess and your wife's recent illness, we both know full well that family and health always comes first before anything else. Anyhow thanks to the COVID-19 virus, my car hasn't been outside the garage since last October, as all car cruise events around here have all been cancelled thru May 31st and will more than likely be cancelled thru June as well :shrug:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back