The PIC WHORE CLUB!!! Knock before you Enter!!!

jlmotox

forum member
Reaction score
IIRC - they had Cobra Jet engines in those

ford%20usa%201969%20torino_cobra_jet.jpg

Looks like she is bent over the hood and that dude is giving it to her in her backside...

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
Eh. My GT350 and the last 8-9 years of GT500s are not named Cobra anywhere (in fact I hate when people refer to it as a cobra because they haven't been around since 04) but our cars all have snakes on them. I'm not for sticking them on a gt, v6 etc but even Shelby America places the snake on the Shelby gt nowadays.

Also (wasn't around and not very knowledgable on this one) didn't the Torino have a cobra emblem on it at one point in time?

Just for the record, when I stated in my previous post that if the Cobra badges/emblems weren't included on the Shelby GT from the factory, that it wasn't a Cobra.. What I meant was that it wasn't an authentic Shelby Cobra and FYI the Cobra badge since 2007 stands for Shelby GT500 Cobra, just as the original GT500 did beginning in 1967.. I was not referring to the name Cobra as in the last SVT Mustang/Cobra from 2004..

Last edited:

Paladin LL 06

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
First shots of my ride posted up here. She has 102k miles on her, so don't look too close. If anyone is in CT and wants to go wheelin' hit me up before I order springs.

Oh, sorry for the iPhone pics.

She looks badass Brett!! Good luck with the wheels, they look awesome on your ride!!! Let's cruise!! That is one clean ride!!

Fabman

Children Of The Corn
Reaction score
To me upbadging is exactly that, upbadging.
Putting a Cobra emblem on a Shelby GT, regardless if it's accompanied by home-made "wings" or not, is upbadging.
Might as well put them on a V6
While you're at it, put some Boss 281 decals on the fucking car, cuz it's much a Cobra as it is a Boss

Or like putting a corvette badge on a chevette. You guys might not be old enough to remember chevettes

sidvicious

forum member
Reaction score
Or like putting a corvette badge on a chevette. You guys might not be old enough to remember chevettes

The mid to late seventies was the "black hole" of the American car. Emissions laws and the gas crisis led to the Chevette, Pinto, Vega, Gremlin and the dreaded Mustang II. Terrible time to be a car enthusiast.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back