This is how you get a coyote installed for $5000.00 or less

Discussion in 'Hardcore Tech=*MOTOR SWAPS*' started by race4food, Apr 24, 2021.

1. 1950StangJump$

1950StangJump$ forum member

Yes, just one .... when, exactly, did you move on?

2. Juice

Juice forum member

See my post with "whatever". ;) The post where I told him why he cant progeam PATS.

3. Jack F

Jack F Junior Member

There is no PATS module. It's the IC you will be dealing with

4. race4food

race4food forum member

What is the IC. IF I get a 11-14 cluster what would happen?

5. Juice

Juice forum member

Instrument Cluster.
    Getting an 11-14 cluster could work, but creates the need additional wiring modifications. Fuel guage wiring is different between 3v and coyote. Parking brake warning light is also different IIRC. Harness connector is also different. And you have to "make the cluster fit" into the dash. Im probably forgetting a few more differences.

6. LarryJM

LarryJM forum member

Hot Rod Magazine ran an article years ago on how to rebuild a engine that doesn't need rebuilt. It was just a ring/bearing job with a valve job on a hot tanked long block. Seems to me the best would be a low miles Gen 2 truck engine with Gen 1 cams and phasers and go from there.

eighty6gt likes this.
  7. eighty6gt

eighty6gt forum member

I have a 3v with a blower and no cats, it all depends on what you want, too late now but if I could do it again I'd go a different route. I guess I don't need as much power, and would prefer something a little more slick. There are too many systems for my liking on this car. The day may come.

8. LarryJM

LarryJM forum member

I had a 1970 Big Block something or other and by 1973 after 60,000 miles, the heads were a mess although the short block was perfect with very little wear. All the valve seals were in the oil pan and the guides were toast. It took $350 valve job with PC seals to get it running like new again and I did all the work except for the valve job.

9. Suecra

Suecra Junior Member

This is an underrated comment.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.