Throttle stuck issue

DirtyDeedsInc

forum member
Reaction score
Got a strange one on my '06. Getting throttle stuck closed error and it goes into limp mode. This all started while driving. Dealership said they couldn't do anything for me and charged $140 to find the problems I told them about when I dropped it off. Just hooked up FORScan and I'm getting good feedback from the TPS. Already confirmed throttle actuator motor is working correctly. Tried resetting PCM several ways through FORScan and it wouldn't work. Dealership said their best guess was the PCM had crapped out and Ford no longer sells them.

Can anyone think of something I've missed before I go looking for a new PCM?

07 Boss

Reaction score
It looks like you checked out everything before the actual pcm so I would have to think the guys are right.

DieHarder

Reaction score
Prior to replacing PCM I'd look at wiring/connectors/active components (parts that move) - Look up what the manual has to say about it. Do end-to-end connectivity checks. Check/reset the connectors; check the pins on the TB back to the PCM. Check voltage levels at the connectors for the throttle body (back probe as needed). Check control/ground wires for the throttle body. Clean throttle body. Ensure gearing/movement is smooth. Try another throttle body.

https://iihs.net/fsm/?d=5

msvela448

forum member
Reaction score
TPS sensor is my guess too.... It is VERY rare for a PCM to "go bad". TPS problems usually throw a P2135 code or something similar like a P2111.

You probably need a Motorcraft DY-1164 (aka part # AG1E-9E928-AA).

Post codes if you have them / get them.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

DirtyDeedsInc

forum member
Reaction score
Getting codes P1000, P2104 & P2112. I plan on doing a point to point, once I find that schematic again, but since I'm seeing the input to the PCM change on FORScan, I doubt I'll see a wire issue. I really hope I'm wrong about that and find something corroded or hanging on by one strand. Forgot to mention one of the first things I did while in Autozone parking lot was replace TPS with their model, which didn't help, so I returned it. Got a Ford TPS coming just in case but voltages on both pots in the original TPS look good through the full range of travel. Still doesn't mean they are right going into the PCM. I have had an issue in the last year with car having a surging idle and last month it died on me twice. I had decided it was the fuel filter (hasn't been changed in a while) and was going to replace it when I got home, then this happened.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I’ve had P2104 2x and both times it was the TB motor

msvela448

forum member
Reaction score
P2104 and P2112 are likely the TB motor.

There is a Dorman replacement motor (part # 911-102) but I would just buy a new Motorcraft TB assembly (send back the TPS you just ordered cuz' you'll get a new one with the new TB) . American Muscle has it for $234
1ed447602c21b9da0e87dfa3043c2b25.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back