Throttle stuck issue

wolfman

Reaction score
my 2006 did the same thing. the magnets in the throttle body motor had came loose and locked it up.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If you have a tune on the car id grab a GT500 throttlebody. They are relatively cheap, under 200 bucks. Adjust accordingly.

07gts197

forum member
Reaction score
I’d agree but then you have to buy the adaptor plate and have the bolt holes widened.

I’d grab a new motor off eBay for the time being.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mustang Sue

Reaction score
Got a strange one on my '06. Getting throttle stuck closed error and it goes into limp mode. This all started while driving. Dealership said they couldn't do anything for me and charged $140 to find the problems I told them about when I dropped it off. Just hooked up FORScan and I'm getting good feedback from the TPS. Already confirmed throttle actuator motor is working correctly. Tried resetting PCM several ways through FORScan and it wouldn't work. Dealership said their best guess was the PCM had crapped out and Ford no longer sells them.

Can anyone think of something I've missed before I go looking for a new PCM?
I know there's a place online that rebuilds them in case you might not know.

DirtyDeedsInc

forum member
Reaction score
So when I said the throttle motor was working, I may have been incorrect. I checked the motor with it disconnected from the TB and watched it spin one way then back the other when I turned the key on. Had the wife look at the throttle blades when I turned the key on and she said they barely moved. My first thought was maybe I was wrong about it opening full then closing when the key is switched on. Asked Google for help and found confirmation that the throttle motor is supposed to go full open then full closed when the key is turned on. Decided I'd try the cheap route first and picked up a TB from the junk yard on the way to work. I figure I'll hook it up when I get off work on Oct. 21 and see how it does. I'm thinking something is wrong with the throttle motor and it just no longer has enough ass to overcome the spring tension. Also did some searching on fordparts.com and turns out they have complete throttle bodies and PCMs (although the PCM may take 15 days to get). Going to verify and if they have those parts, Bill Fick Ford lied to me when they said they couldn't get them. If that's the case my next call will be to American Express to dispute some charges as I don't like being lied to.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
more likely the TPS or motor itself I'd think

but yea, what codes ?
……………

you can get just a motor from Dorman, Amazon sells them $50-60 last I needed one

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back