To be, or not to be

James33411

Reaction score
Heat wrap, or Jet-Hot coat my hot side? What would you do/what have you done and why?

Took the car to the track for the fist time last night and under hood temps were insane.

Water and head temps were a consistant 185, exhaust manifold was averaging 440 and the cold side of the turbo was 135.

chandlern

forum member
Reaction score
I've always used wrap in the past and am planning on doing it with my current car but I don't have the motivation to remove the longtubes. A buddy of mine double wrapped the headers on his Eleanor clone, you could hold them while the car was running. Don't have any experience with Jet-Hot...on another note where are you in Royal Palm?

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
This is a tech section. Keep on the topic at hand.

TurboX

Formally Buzz Lightyear
Reaction score
I have my pipes coated and recently even put a blanket over the turbo, It still is extremely hot under the hood and I dont notice my IATs any cooler. I am usually about 6-10 degrees above ambient when cruising and will get as hot as 120-130 in traffic. This is in temps between 90-100 degrees outside.

niner555

forum member
Reaction score
I wrapped the down pipe with Heatshield Products Lava Wrap and have been pretty satisfied. The wrap keep radiant heat down and looks really good. I also use a turbo blanket, so between that and the wrap, my underhood temps seem pretty reasonable to me.

DiMora

More Is Better
Reaction score
Why not try the jet-hot ? It looks good and the ceramic will definitely help with the heat. I have ceramic coated LT's and I love them. It will also help prevent any corrosion. If you are not happy, you can add the wrap over the ceramic.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back