Track day pricing? What do you guys pay?

JJ427R

Reaction score
BIR Performance Driving School raised their 2020 prices from $350 to $395 per day, 2 years ago they were $325 which I though was high. Pretty steep increase over 2 years I'd say. They do run 6 25 minute sessions, which is one more session than most do but damn that seems high!
I run events with Northwoods Shelby and they are usually $250 per day, $425 for 2, $625 for 3.

Curious what you all pay with the groups/tracks you run?

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
Yup, pricing has been creeping up. The WGI event (4x40 min/day, 2 days) I go to went from 475 to 650. Most of the other tracks charge around 275-350 per day with less on-track time (4 or 5 25 min sessions)
25 min sessions are a bit short IMO.

Vorshlag-Fair

Official Site Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
HPDE entry costs depend greatly on the track rental cost, and sometimes what level you are, but here's some examples from Texas area:

http://www.apexdrivingacademy.com/information.htm#price1
Single Day Event Pricing:
+ Novice Group - $250
+ Intermediate Group - $235
+ Advanced Group - $210

https://www.thedriversedge.net/06_discount.htm
+ Solo-approved drivers in Yellow and Red $305 (2 day weekend)
+ Other run groups normally $335/weekend

https://www.nasaproracing.com/events/3244 - NASA @ NOLA
HPDE 1 Pricing
2 day - $330
1 day - $230
HPDE-2, 3, 4/TT Pricing
2 day - $310
1 day - $210

When groups have to rent a "big money" track like COTA the prices usually double.

JJ427R

Reaction score
+ Novice Group - $250
+ Intermediate Group - $235
+ Advanced Group - $210

I'm surprised at the pricing for different run groups, never seen that with any groups I've run with, they've all been the same for everyone. As far a big money tracks I would think Road America would fall into that category, but the Northwoods events there are what I showed above. Last year however Northwoods Shelby passed on running at Mid-Ohio as they wanted more than Northwoods would pay. Many members responded that they would pay more to run there, but it didn't happen.

I can see having to pay a bit more at the big money tracks, but $400 bucks a day at any track IMO is getting pretty steep, especially when it's only 4 or 5 sessions. At 5 sessions like most groups run, that's $80 per 20-25 minute session. If you have to travel and get hotel rooms that makes your weekend of fun pretty expensive. I would probably have to quit doing it at those prices.

Let me now ask this, as a guy who races, what is your average entry fee per race, and what is the most you would pay for a day on the track?

Vorshlag-Fair

Official Site Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Let me now ask this, as a guy who races, what is your average entry fee per race, and what is the most you would pay for a day on the track?
Most of the times I pay no entry fee. I mostly run Time Trial, which in most NASA regions allows me to also Instruct for HPDE (most of the HPDE instructors are also TT competitors). Instructing is work, and we get "paid" with free entries. That is hardly the largest expense for a TT weekend, as hotels, food, fuel for the tow rig, and tires/brakes/consumables can each outpace the entry cost. The W2W groups within NASA tend to run longer sessions and have more meetings, which prevents them from instructing in HPDE.

But for some HPDE groups and some weekends where I don't want to instruct, I pay the same $300-350/weekend fee for TT as the W2W folks do. Again - COTA is our only exception in a 3 state area, where is can be $800-1200/weekend for HPDE, TT or W2W (except for instructors, who tend to get 1/2 price to full price discounts).

Shrek427R

Reaction score
At HOD NorCal it's $395 at Sears Point, Laguna-Seca, Thunderhill for a one day event. HPDE A-D.
NASA, AZ charges $190 for one day and $290 for two day road course track events. HPDE 1-4.

rwleonard

Reaction score
I just paid $465 for a two day event at VIR with 3 thirty minute sessions and a two hour open track session each day.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back