Track Day Videos

Discussion in 'Corner Carver Racing Tech Discussion' started by stkjock, Sep 28, 2017.

1. stkjock

stkjock ---- Madmin ---- Staff Member

Post your Track day Vids here

HPDE
    AUTOCROSS
    COMPETITION RACE

Please keep the vids pertinent to Tech Like Discussions this section is designed for.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
  2. John@Steeda

[email protected] Official Site Vendor

I for one, am a fan of this new thread.

but all i have to post personally is my fiesta videos, and those have decidedly less vroom to them

3. frank s

frank s at Play

Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
  4. Tri-bar

Tri-bar Junior Member

Last edited: Sep 29, 2017
  5. 2008 V6

2008 V6 forum member

Thank you - That was a treat. I never ran Ontario, I frequented it often when I could bum a ride to watch various races. It closed down Just after I got Licensed.
    I did enjoy Riverside. I had my first major off at 7a - short course. I also lost a friend there. He left this world doing what he loved - Can't ask for more than that accept a bit more track time.

46addict likes this.
  6. Norm Peterson

Norm Peterson corner barstool sitter

Thanks to the admins for setting this up . . .

That an HP Sprite that spun in front of you?

Video length = 00:00 / 00:00???

Norm

7. frank s

frank s at Play

My message ^

8. ExSRT8Guy

ExSRT8Guy Been There, Done That

Sweet! I had a GT wagon. Nice handling car with minimal work, but that engine... I was in college, so short on $$, but I really wanted to do the Buick/Olds 215 transplant. Totally transforms the car.

Curious - what did you do get power out of it, and make it last? Mine was steel-sleeved with a big radiatior, mild cam, and Hooker header with 2" exhaust.

9. frank s

frank s at Play

I was running in SCCA classes, so there wasn't a lot of engine mod allowed. Tri-Y headers, Geraghty dyno tune, that was about it. I suspect that contributed to the longevity of the engine. Changed the oil and the wheel bearings before every track weekend. At about 60,000 miles it started to blow a little smoke so I traded it on a big van to tow the coupe.

Here it is at Riverside, February 1973, my sister Sandy at the wheel. I believe this could be the weekend Dick Guldstrand was her instructor. He said the car needed more power, otherwise it was "pretty good". Thirty years later I asked him if he recalled driving a Vega at Riverside; he said. "Solo One school, wasn't it?" Yup, he remembered. RIP.

10. Thenorm

Thenorm Autocrosser

i got tons of videos of autox in my mustang, and rallyx in my Focus.

this is probably my best autox lap ever. At the Packwood Champ tour this year, this put me at 3rd in PAX out of 300 drivers.

anyways all my mustang runs or in my build thread in the signature

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BU-7J9MYNYQ

all my other vids are on my youtube channel.

here is a rallyx run in my focus last weekend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBqIaLSrRuU

11. John@Steeda

[email protected] Official Site Vendor

12. Norm Peterson

Norm Peterson corner barstool sitter

Here's a couple of laps from NJMP's Thunderbolt course. Not quite a PB; that came before I had datalogging capability (beyond frame-by-frame video analysis) when the tires were a few sessions/heat cycles fresher.

https://youtu.be/2rB2JnT9UyY

On edit, how do you make the video link show up in the post as a picture?

Norm

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
  13. frank s

frank s at Play

Here's one more you're not likely to see elsewhere: 1972 races at the Old Tijuana Abelardo Rodriguez Airport. Thirteen minutes plus, relatively boring until about 10:20, when the grid and rolling start are shown.

[​IMG]

Click the poster to see the primitive "video". To make the poster active as a link, I selected the image after adding it, then clicked the "link" in the editing choices. That led to a place to insert the link destination.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
  14. Strengthrehab

Strengthrehab forum member

Here is my last day. First time with roll bar and seat/harness/HANS

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

15. frank s

frank s at Play

16. Strengthrehab

Strengthrehab forum member

Latest track video. Hit a new PB by almost a full second today.

Tires are 285/35/19 Firestone Indy 500.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk