Tranny noise question

Cmarris

Reaction score
I just got done replacing my 05 gt's clutch with a exedy stage 2 with a new slave cylinder and pilot bearing. Everything went back together without a fight and the clutch pedles feels good. The car drives fine, shifts great. The only thing I'm noticing is a some gear noise/whirring coming from the trans tunnel area. It was always there before. Just louder now. It goes away when you fully press the clutch in and comes back as your letting the clutch out. The clutch doesn't have to be fully out for the noise to come back. Just normal tranny noise? Fluid was changed 2k miles ago with amsoil atf

Cmarris

Reaction score
I forgot to add I also did a exedy lightweight flywheel, maybe that's adding to the noise

SVT Rider

Reaction score
I have the same combination as you with my 07 GT, including the Exedy lightweight flywheel. I get that added whirling "rollover"-like noise. What I have to remind myself is that the drivetrain was tuned for NVH from the factory with a heavier flywheel and a more springy clutch cushion springs. The trade offs are quite acceptable for me.

Cmarris

Reaction score
The one from exedy, had the same stamping as the OEM one that came out

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back