Trying for 12's....advise/suggestions

biz4765

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
My mods and E/T are listed below. Here's where my mind is wondering....aluminum driveshaft w/18inch Mickey's on my factory wheels should get me there. Or should I be patient and save up for Bogart's then add the d/s and wheels at the same time for a solid weight reduction hopefully equal to a nice E/T. Money is tight and must be earned through OT so don't give me the old just super charge it answer lol. My biggest debate is spending the 500$ on 18 inch drag radials along with the D/S or save that $500 toward the 15's and maybe pull some solid times.

Thanks
Bob

chad05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
4.10-4.56's, CAI, tune and you are there; Mid 12's w/ good track/air/driving.

DR's on stocker's are fine

thunderstang

forum member
Reaction score
Skip the Bogarts. Pick up a set of the Jegs prostar 15x8s and about a 275/65x15 MT DR. The Pro stars are about 125.00 each and DRs about 160.00 each. They go over the factory rear brakes and I have broke 11s with them. This will get your 60ft time/330ft time down which should get you in the 12s.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
what 60s were u pulling running the 13.1x?

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
get some DRs and your in the 12s IMHO

biz4765

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I worry about coming up just short though. Those 18inch Bullitt wheels are alot to lug around...if I remember the Bogarts were like 66lbs just off the front and about 20lb in the rear which is why I am considering (and yes I will go against advisment and daily drive the Bogart's).

Shaffe

forum member
Reaction score
My mods and E/T are listed below. Here's where my mind is wondering....aluminum driveshaft w/18inch Mickey's on my factory wheels should get me there. Or should I be patient and save up for Bogart's then add the d/s and wheels at the same time for a solid weight reduction hopefully equal to a nice E/T. Money is tight and must be earned through OT so don't give me the old just super charge it answer lol. My biggest debate is spending the 500$ on 18 inch drag radials along with the D/S or save that $500 toward the 15's and maybe pull some solid times.

Thanks
Bob

damn you must have had some great air/track conditions to pull that 13.1 @ 105 with an auto!!!!!!!!!!!!

we have basically the same mods save for the sway bar delete and radiator support and the best i could ever muster was a 13.48

NotQuik

I can't drive
Reaction score
dr's and you'll definately break into the 12's....if your up for having two sets of wheels one being dedicated for the track then I wouldn't hesitate to get the bogarts if that's what you like. You'll definately have alot less rotating mass there which in turn may gain a mph or two.

biz4765

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yes sir my track conditions are great in Cecil County MD. on a cold day with decent track prep.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
biz - get the 15s or 17s w/ DRs. You can pull 1.7x 60s with 18" DRs.... I do......

kpaulhus

Reaction score
you dont even have gears!?!?! Thats a great time.

Get you some 3.73's at minimum and your set.

spedly

forum member
Reaction score
You planning on hitting cecil this weekend? I was planning on a trip friday. Looks like 2500+ DA so I doubt you'd see any great times. I have the same mods as you though and I'm hoping for some 12s on some 26" drag radials once we get some cool air.

biz4765

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Na the brackets stay. The only thing that deters me from Jegs is that some people have had them not bolt right up and had to do caliper grinding etc. otherwise I would grab them. I'm one for a quality part that will bolt right up with no nonsense that's why I am going for Bogarts, plus I love the welded RT wheels. Maybe I will try Jegs fronts and see what happens for the weight reduction but if it doesn't go right I'm the guy that will throw them from the driveway into the street for trash like I did my Pypes mid muffler set up a while back lol.

And no not this weekend for Cecil...not until November or early Dec. before they close so I can get the coldest air possible. I dont even waste my time in this heat as my car feels like dogshit in it.

biz4765

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If my car would accept the Jegs prostar looking wheels I'm guessing the draglite style would be the same fit also?

kbchevlvr

forum member
Reaction score
i have jeg stars on mine. yes grinding is necesary, but its really not alot, it is mainly one little edge making the interference. but if you dont mind spending 3X the amount that is up to you. i dont say that trying to be a smart ass, becasue some people just like the look of the bogarts. i personally think these cars look tough with the stars.

Attachments

chad05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
on the Jegs prostar 15x8s do u have to still move the sway bar bracket?

No

i have jeg stars on mine. yes grinding is necesary, but its really not alot, it is mainly one little edge making the interference. but if you dont mind spending 3X the amount that is up to you. i dont say that trying to be a smart ass, becasue some people just like the look of the bogarts. i personally think these cars look tough with the stars.

I have Jegs stars... I use a very small 1/8 spacer...just to be safe.

example: If you break axel gears, and axels move just a little, w/o the spacers, the wheel can/will lock!

cheap safety.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back