Tune with traction control disable

Bingo

Because street car
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
This is similiar to mine. Mine says "CHECK TRACTION CONTROL" in the message center. I do NOT get any other indications (besides the light in the button). IE, no squiggly skidding lines light up.

Yeah, that's the one...I got the wording messed up. :samuri:

I wonder if it depends on the year/build date of the vehicle?

I think there might be a dif between 05/06 ECMs and 07 ECMs. When I bought my programer the specified it was for an 07 GT only. They had a dif part number for 05/06.

Plus I'm sure there might be some dif in how the coding was done from brand to brand.

Should've read that first!

srt2stang725

Reaction score
only if Justin set the xcal up beforehand.

really? cause the tune they sent me was set up for 3.31s and i had the optional 3.55s so my speedo was off, so to make a long story short i went in and changed the gear setting...how come i was able to change that and i couldnt change the traction control setting? im just confused and i would like to find out more about the programmer....are there any forums or anything on it?

TGJ

forum member
Reaction score
really? cause the tune they sent me was set up for 3.31s and i had the optional 3.55s so my speedo was off, so to make a long story short i went in and changed the gear setting...how come i was able to change that and i couldnt change the traction control setting? im just confused and i would like to find out more about the programmer....are there any forums or anything on it?

You won't be able to turn off the traction control with your SCT X-Cal 2 unless that is a feature that Justin turned on when he set up your X-Cal 2. It would be in the optional parameters when tuning your car, if it is not there, you won't be able to. There is probably a way to turn it on but I don't know how, best bet is to contact Justion.

Willie

Reaction score
....It would be in the optional parameters when tuning your car, if it is not there, you won't be able to.

Correct. TCS is not a variable in optional parameters. If you'd like a screenshot of what is available, just ask.

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
This is similiar to mine. Mine says "CHECK TRACTION CONTROL" in the message center. I do NOT get any other indications (besides the light in the button). IE, no squiggly skidding lines light up.
Ditto... mine is a 2005, using SCT.

cagefightmma

forum member
Reaction score
Is there a way to trick the traction control to turn off when you start the car rather than it always being on? I could have had my tuner turn it off but he said idiot lights would appear on the dash as mentioned by others earlier in this thread which I do not want to deal with. There was a link about doing it with relays but the link's dead...

RetroGT2006

06 S197 Member
Reaction score
I just shut mine off everytime i start up my car, i hate TCS. It is a habit.. Did it with dad in the car and he's like wth, why are you shutting it off and i told him about it cutting fuel and how i'd rather not have my power cut when i am trying to correct it when going sideways. I never run TCS, even in the rain. To me it is useless.

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score
I've been mod'n cars and racin for 30+ yrs. so I hate to sound stupid. I've never done much with the EFI cars mostly carbs. I've had my 05 GT mostly stock now for way too long. So, what is the best tuning tool on the market for a reasonable price? I'm not looking to break the bank. Something I can tune with now with the normal bolt ons and later when the cams, etc. start getting replaced. Also, has any one installed an aluminum flywheel on a stock motor, if so did it help much?

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
no one noticed this is a 4 year old thread?

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score
Sorry stkjock! There were resent postings didn't know it made a difference. Seems like if a conversation is going on, keep it going.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
no worries man - it's all good

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
Is there a way to trick the traction control to turn off when you start the car rather than it always being on? I could have had my tuner turn it off but he said idiot lights would appear on the dash as mentioned by others earlier in this thread which I do not want to deal with. There was a link about doing it with relays but the link's dead...

yes,takes about 15 minutes to put it in and get it working......using the power on from the radio, going to a relay, making it send a signal to the PCM just like you pushed the button.....

i dont have my traction control turned off in my tune, but it turns off each time i turn the car on using the relay.......so if i need it back on, i just push the button like normal.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back