Upgraded to 20'Rims......What's next ??

MikeyBlacks

forum member
Reaction score
Well I finally upgraded to 20's...Awesome..Couldn't be happier...But along with the upgrade, I know I have to do some susp. work now....With that being said I would like some help..
It's quite obvious it need's tobe lowered, badly..but what else would you do ??? I have a few $$ to spend & really wanna do it right the 1st time.
I was thinking maybe either a prokit, or some d-specs...uca's & lowers..Bumpsteer kit, cc plates...& def a alignment.
Am I headed in the right direction ?? I f I let anything out plz chime in, thx Mikey.

usafimj

Reaction score
Lowering springs, shocks/struts, lca's w/ relocation brackets, uca w/ better bracket, adjustable panhard bar to recenter rear end after being lowered.

I have pretty much all BMR pieces and use tokico shocks/struts. Its all what you prefer on the brand you like

GIG4FUN

Rock 'n' Roll Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Maybe if I move it to the appropriate section you'll get help?

What are your goals?

Take a look at the subforums and see if your thread may do better on one of them?

let me know.

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
Maybe if I move it to the appropriate section you'll get help?

What are your goals?

Take a look at the subforums and see if your thread may do better on one of them?

let me know.

Move it to chit chat or wheels and tires.

Anyways, usmcfimj pretty much hit it on the head. Not sure what else you're looking for. all he listed was for a pretty good set up suspension that won't cost you an arm and a nut, still have a somewhat pleasant ride, and it's not full road racing, and not full on drag suspension, but def an upgrade from stock shit.

GIG4FUN

Rock 'n' Roll Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Move it to chit chat or wheels and tires.

Anyways, usmcfimj pretty much hit it on the head. Not sure what else you're looking for. all he listed was for a pretty good set up suspension that won't cost you an arm and a nut, still have a somewhat pleasant ride, and it's not full road racing, and not full on drag suspension, but def an upgrade from stock shit.

off to chit chat it went...

Reaction score
springs and a panhard bar and call it a day...

I would have done shifter as my first mod though(which i did) considering its a manual.

Vapour Trails

The Renaissance Man
Reaction score
Well I finally upgraded to 20's...Awesome..Couldn't be happier...But along with the upgrade, I know I have to do some susp. work now....With that being said I would like some help..
It's quite obvious it need's tobe lowered, badly..but what else would you do ??? I have a few $$ to spend & really wanna do it right the 1st time.
I was thinking maybe either a prokit, or some d-specs...uca's & lowers..Bumpsteer kit, cc plates...& def a alignment.
Am I headed in the right direction ?? I f I let anything out plz chime in, thx Mikey.

What do you want out of it? If you are just cruising the streets you can get by with much less than you have mentioned. Are you going to auto X or road race?

MikeyBlacks

forum member
Reaction score
This is a daily driven street car...with very little track time..
I want a nice ride & stance...& wanna do it right the 1st time.

Back