upgrades are coming together

kenneth

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well doing a few upgrades to the car and hopefully be out at the track mid Febuary to see progress made.

Yesterday swapped out the stock rear shocks for some Strange adjustables (also about a month ago swapped the stock springa for the Cobra Jet springs)

Earlier today went drop off the car to friend/Ford mechanic to have the converter swapped for the stock/PTC converter along with the TCI servos,and regular transmissiom maintnance.

Also today managed to swap rims from stock fanblades to bullitts rims.

then hopefully end of month, beginning of next month looking to have the rear gears changed again (try 3:90's 1 more time) with new drag tires MT 295/45/17's

hoping for 1.5x 60' and low 11's

Last edited:

Chris06GT

Dragging LS Ass..
Reaction score
Kenneth, let me know how that converter work's.....looking forward to seeing good time's out that ride of your's...

kenneth

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Man I can't wait Chris, I talked to Spiers about his that you restalled and he had nothing but good to say about it.

TungstenGT06

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
How much power can a restalled stock converter handle? I'm currently at about 480rwhp. I'm surprised the stock converter has lived this long. This would be an upgrade I would like to look into.

kenneth

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
How much power can a restalled stock converter handle? I'm currently at about 480rwhp. I'm surprised the stock converter has lived this long. This would be an upgrade I would like to look into.

Not sure yet maybe Chris can answer this for you but I read before that 500 rwhp is NO problem for them.

Damn its gonna be a new ride to you, huh

can't wait, hopefully picking up the car this evening.

kenneth

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well picked up the car this evening, had the converter swapped along with the servos.
Have to say, this converter REALLY made a difference the car pulls hard from 40-100 for sure.
I'll take it easy on it for a couple days but you know how it is when you do a Mod you have to try it out.

PROPS out to Master mechanic Lance for doing the work/swap and to Chris at PTC for fixing up what appears to be an awsome converter.

Freaknazty

KEYBOARD NINJA
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well picked up the car this evening, had the converter swapped along with the servos.
Have to say, this converter REALLY made a difference the car pulls hard from 40-100 for sure.
I'll take it easy on it for a couple days but you know how it is when you do a Mod you have to try it out.

PROPS out to Master mechanic Lance for doing the work/swap and to Chris at PTC for fixing up what appears to be an awsome converter.

Saweet I can't want to get my auto in now so I can ship a converter over to chris lol .

Chris06GT

Dragging LS Ass..
Reaction score

You will be fine with a restalled stocker once it is beefed up up to about 550-560...Anything over that you will need a triple-disc...

Your welcome bro, I am glad you like the stall and glad it made a difference...

Saweet I can't want to get my auto in now so I can ship a converter over to chris lol .

Anytime you are ready bro, be glad to help out!!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back