using a drill?

Clipboard

forum member
Reaction score
Damn.. no one searches a few threads down that had a top detailer named lostsoul that used a cordless with Meguiars power DA.. Its about 100 bucks and works great..

-You will need a good cordless(corded if possible). I believe that you want to spin it to 1800-2200rpm (if it cant get there then barrow or dont get the system)

- A battery will last about half or less of the car, so have spares
- tape off areas with painters tape
- Dont be laaaaaazy and wax over bugs. even if you used bug and tar remover and only removed half the body parts
- Have good lighting so you wont miss... umm spots
- people say 2x2 scetion.. I did a section at a time and jizzed the product in spots. Granted it mmmmight not have been the best way to do it, but I think you can do a bigger section at a time.. maybe 3x4
- Dont put too much...beeeecause its hard to get off that way
- last bit of advice.. dont do it for the wifes car because you will get shit for recognition.. not even a damn thank you or blow.. nothing.....

I loved this lmao! I did a google search to see other peoples results or opinions, but they are all mixed. thank you for this

Steedman07

Classified's Moderator:)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Meguiars has a system out now that is for cordless drills, works semi decently.

I have it. I actually like it. the pad is small enough to get to difficult areas. it just sucks when you have to do the hood. roof and doors. But it works awesome for the trunk. I need to buy a real DA next week though, collection of pads and the right product..

lostsoul

2014 vett or 2015 stang..
Reaction score
no doubt it helped allot.. the wifes car for almost 6 years have been used and abused.. hardly washed, sent to the countryside all the time to collect unknown species of bug. I need to fix my "paint repair" which I think i have the right color paint and do some touch up.

I WILL be thanked one of these days... get her dunk and BAM!

remember.. its not rape if they are drunk and cant say no.. :beerdrink:

Clipboard

forum member
Reaction score
no doubt it helped allot.. the wifes car for almost 6 years have been used and abused.. hardly washed, sent to the countryside all the time to collect unknown species of bug. I need to fix my "paint repair" which I think i have the right color paint and do some touch up.

I WILL be thanked one of these days... get her dunk and BAM!

remember.. its not rape if they are drunk and cant say no.. :beerdrink:

Gotta do what you gotta do! Lmao!

My friend convinced me to just do it by hand as a "learn to crawl before you can walk" thing.
So I'm using meguiars UC at the moment then going to order a sealant and blacklight stuff from the stickies above then get more into it later

W3bb3r04

Slow 3v Member
Reaction score
I would rather buy an actual good DA for $120 then a $60 plus all the other things to buy with it.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back