Video footage from NMRA Milan JDM Superstang class

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Here are a few Videos from this past weekend at the NMRA Ford Nationals in Milan Michigan. We had 21 S197 cars in the class this event. Milan was the first race of the season last year that the Superstang class started. Its only fitting that we had one of our own Don Justus take home the win! Congrats Don and thanks everyone else who participated including Modular Depot, Brenspeed, Livernois motorsports, Edelbrock, Ford Racing, and Saleen who were all represented in the class! What a great turn out can't wait untill Joilet Rt 66 in Illinois come July 16-19th

Third Round Qualifying Saturday http://videos.streetfire.net/video/J...per_689494.htm

[SFIRE]2f359876-7be9-488f-a444-9c2a006c61cc[/SFIRE]

Quarter finals of Eliminations http://videos.streetfire.net/video/S...lan_689438.htm

[SFIRE]c04a1419-ba30-429d-8f2c-9c2901767d4c[/SFIRE]

Semi finals of Eliminations and Final Round http://videos.streetfire.net/video/N...per_689419.htm

[SFIRE]92df7958-9d86-4ae6-91f2-9c290150a61e[/SFIRE]

Last edited by a moderator:

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
look at me blow the tires off in qualifying lmao car didn't even move, That thing was at 6200 rpms when I side stepped the clutch

that was before they glued the track. Thanks for putting on this class Jim I had a blast and can't wait to hit up the next event! Show you auto boys how a standard does it ;)

Do you know if there's any pics on the web?

Last edited:

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well at least someone finally got Joe saying on camera that he would steal from people.

Kipp07GT

Slug Box
Reaction score
Damn those were some great videos. Those cars were getting it done. Matt, I believe you should leave a little bit harder (JK) coming out of the hole like a bat out of hell. Awesome man. Great vids Jim!!!!!

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sweet vids. I can't believe the CJ was doing 10.7Xs at 136 mph. That should be a 10.0 or high 9---and it looked like he was hooking and shifting good so....??

Matt your car looked really good.

The E-Force car was impressive to. 10.15 not bad at all.

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sweet vids. I can't believe the CJ was doing 10.7Xs at 136 mph. That should be a 10.0 or high 9---and it looked like he was hooking and shifting good so....??

thank you sir :beerchug2:

JimIII@JDM

Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

I haven't seen many car run faster than 10.7 stock, his car just had a ford racing performance tune on it. We have 3 guys we have tuned and setup with CJ's and two are running 9.8s with automatics and a slew of suspension and cooling upgrades. We are going to change the pulley on one because he is not looking to run NHRA and that will probably get him mid 9's really easy.

Matt's car is bitchin and I hear he has a new sponsor on the way

Last edited:

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen many car run faster than 10.7 stock, his car just had a ford racing performance tune on it. We have 3 guys we have tuned and setup with CJ's and two are running 9.8s with automatics and a slew of suspension and cooling upgrades. We are going to change the pulley on one because he is not looking to run NHRA and that will probably get him mid 9's really easy.

Yea man! dude we don't have white castle in Canada lol

heres some pics just to show my dedication to my sponser lmao

DSC02030.jpg

DSC02031.jpg

DSC02032.jpg

DSC02034.jpg

DSC02041.jpg

I love white castle o_O lol

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
So you have to buy a whole case of those "one-bite-fits-all" pissant burgers to get filled up?

No wonder they don't have that crap down here in Texas. Let me know when you want a real burger, kid.
:evil:

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What-A-Burger FTMFW!!!!!

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
So you have to buy a whole case of those "one-bite-fits-all" pissant burgers to get filled up?

No wonder they don't have that crap down here in Texas. Let me know when you want a real burger, kid.
:evil:

no shit??! no wonder we never found one!! we went on a harold and kumar trip looking for these fuckers and I'm not willing to cross state lines... lol.

What-A-Burger FTMFW!!!!!

you are right there!!!! Tomorrow is my brothers b-day and next week mine. Both days we're going in for a triple meat, triple cheese, triple bacon whataburger!!!!

that equals heart attack on a bun... haha.

side note, I'm still trying to see the other two vids, I've only seen one cause where I'm at, I have a super shitty connection right now. :tdown:

ASRoff

forum member
Reaction score

Thats Matt Stanford in the Cobra Jet. Matt is going to work with Dave (from TeamZ) to get it to leave harder.

Matt also has a 91 notch with a centrifi thats knocking on the door of the 9's

There is a video of Matt and Dan Millen going at it at a milan rental.

Matt in the CJ and Dan in the 800hp GT500 Its on Youtube. Id pull the link but You tube is blocked here at work. Do a search for 91trunk (no space) and it will come up.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Belly-bombers FTWW!!!!

Matt - you car squats hard on your shifts!!

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back