Weighed my Coyote today - guess what it weighs...

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
Like I said, Ford advertises the curb weight with the auto trans as 3575 and my manual is at 3550. The only question I have is what weight savings were done, because that glass roof is suposed to add 150 to 200 lbs of extra weight. That is almost 3800 lbs.

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
Like I said, Ford advertises the curb weight with the auto trans as 3575 and my manual is at 3550. The only question I have is what weight savings were done, because that glass roof is suposed to add 150 to 200 lbs of extra weight. That is almost 3800 lbs.

The glass roof isn't that heavy. Considering the steel roof skin isn't exactly a feather, I'd guess there's not that big of a difference when it comes down to it. I'll bet 50lbs or so, which would put it right in the ballpark of what it weighed in at.

pacettr

PJ Lover
Reaction score

The glass roof isn't that heavy. Considering the steel roof skin isn't exactly a feather, I'd guess there's not that big of a difference when it comes down to it. I'll bet 50lbs or so, which would put it right in the ballpark of what it weighed in at.

This...^^^

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score
wonder why the left front is heavier than the right front? where's the battery in a 2011-14?

The battery is in the same place on all 05-14's. But there is the ABS system, steering column/cluster assembly, brake booster/master, brake pedals, power seat, etc.

Black 5.0

forum member
Reaction score
You could lose 30 lbs. of ugly fat by eliminating the steering wheel column....oh, wait!:thud:

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
Exactly... replace it with bendy straws stuffed one inside the other until you achieve the desired length. That way you can keep the "tilt steering"!

hawkeye18

omgwtfbbq
Reaction score
I have probably the heaviest [manual] GT around.

Mine weighs 3680 in street trim with 1/4 of a tank of gas.

The glass roof weighs 26lbs more than the steel roof.

I have every option.

Q5mEZ80.jpg

Trés heavy!

Paul.

forum member
Reaction score
I have probably the heaviest [manual] GT around.

Mine weighs 3680 in street trim with 1/4 of a tank of gas.

The glass roof weighs 26lbs more than the steel roof.

I have every option.

You have most of the options, but you're missing a couple. You don't have the Shaker 1500, or the accessory package. (which is just the OEM body kit) My car is equipped similar to yours, except I don't have the backup camera, but I do have the OEM hood scoop/wing and used to have the side scoops and louvers before I deleted them.

I've never seen a GT with absolutely every option available from Ford. I think it would have a sticker in the neighborhood of $45Kish.

I wonder what's making the 64 pound weight difference between our two cars? Maybe wheels/tires or something. Who knows.

Paul.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back