Weighed my Coyote today - guess what it weighs...

BLACK-MACHINE

living my 2nd child hood
Reaction score
for fucks sake guys, its a trick question------- the tires are not even on the ground, it weighs ZERO.

Grabber Blue 5.0

forum member
Reaction score
3888 although it would have helped if you indicated if you were an auto or manual.

Paul.

forum member
Reaction score
I'm going to go 3550. I'm assuming this is without you in it?

19COBRA93 is the closest without going over.

Man, you guys think these cars weigh WAY more than they actually do. My car is probably one of the heaviest GTs you can get, so most Coyotes are probably in the 35XX range with no weight reduction.

The car weighs 3617 pounds empty. I should have specified, but it has a manual transmission.

Black 5.0

forum member
Reaction score
I find it interesting but, not surprising, in the difference in weight distribution on the corners.:idea: These numbers are undoubtedly used for suspension set ups for a more precise balance. If you are a corner carver, these numbers would be very useful. It's something to take advantage of. My '13 would probably be close to these numbers as it has many of the 'options' you have listed. At any rate, a new addition to my list for 'blueprinting' my suspension. Thanks for posting this.:beerchug2:

Paul.

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah, the front/rear balance is about what I expected. Maybe with a full tubular front suspension, moving the battery back, coil-overs, weight reduction, etc... you MIGHT be able to get close to a 50/50, but it would be tough.

Black 5.0

forum member
Reaction score
My concern would be based on a more even distribution side to side. Since we are only talking a difference in about 25 lbs. from one side to the other, front or rear, and the added weight of the driver, with the use of adjustable shocks you could compensate for a lot of it. Since our cars are 'front engine' design, even weight distribution front to back would be more difficult without extensive modification. Most, including myself, would probably not go farther than a battery relocation which wouldn't do a lot anyway.

With your numbers, it would seem impractical to relocate the battery as your numbers on that side are less than that of the left side. I would be more interested in finding something to relocate on the left side to even things out in the front but, I don't know what that would be. Same could be said for the rear but, in the opposite direction.

However, the numbers are so close, adjusting the suspension to compensate would be more practical, IMO. Then, you would have to tackle driver weight. It would be interesting to find out the parameters of the Koni strut adjustments as it pertains to weight distribution. That 'G' scale instrument on my car could provide some useful info in testing, maybe.

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score

Man, you guys think these cars weigh WAY more than they actually do. My car is probably one of the heaviest GTs you can get, so most Coyotes are probably in the 35XX range with no weight reduction.

The car weighs 3617 pounds empty. I should have specified, but it has a manual transmission.

huh... that's strange. Ford says the curb weight is 3575 with an auto trans. My GT weighs 3550 with the manual and with 1/4 tank of gas. I was going to say that, but I high sided for the extra 150+ lbs for the glass roof and a couple extra lbs for misc stuff.

Last edited:

rcm90

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah, the front/rear balance is about what I expected. Maybe with a full tubular front suspension, moving the battery back, coil-overs, weight reduction, etc... you MIGHT be able to get close to a 50/50, but it would be tough.

My 3v is only about 30lbs heavier on the front compared to the back, with the parts you brought up.

kdanner

forum member
Reaction score

You are so right. Hear it all the time even from guys with 300A manual cars with no options, they think they have a 3800lb car, which in reality is about a 3500lb car untouched. Do the typical drag race stuff -- wheels/tires, driveshaft, remove swaybar/cossmember, exhaust, yank the seats, and it's about a 3300lb car. But you know, you can try to impress people by claiming it is heavier than it really is, so....

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I weighed my 2013 at the track and it was 3450 with a TT setup on it without me in it.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hope I can remember it all but...

2013 GT base model automatic
BMR K member
BMR rad support/FSB delete
17x4 Racerstars front runners
15x10 Racerstars/DR's
Alum d/s
Battery relo trunk
Removed STB
Removed passenger seat/rear seat/spare tire/jack/trunk carpet/mats/glove box-center console junk/mats
Between 1/2 and 1/4 tank of gas
Roush upper/lower grill
Thin fan/shroud

Not sure if they reduce weight but:

Freedom racing LCA
Freedom racing PHB
Freedom racing APHB
BMR relo's
WL UCA/mount
WL RSB
Hawk f/r pads
SS brake lines
Koni SRT f/r shocks/struts/GT 500 strut mounts
BMR rear springs/CJ front springs
Circle D converter

19COBRA93

Ford Racing
Reaction score

Is there a trophy or something? lol.

I was really surprised at everyone guessing in the 3800 range. I thought it was pretty well known that these GT's are much less than that.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back