Western PA / Eastern OH Meetup and Discussion Thread

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Hello all Western PA and Eastern Ohio S197 owners. Let's use this thread for basic local discussion, track days, casual meetups etc.

For the first discussion topic I was thinking of possibly establishing a monthly meetup that would occur on the same day each month at possible rotating locations. A lot of suggestions have went around Robinson, Cranberry Township, and Monroeville.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Sun is supposed to be shining with a high of mid 50s for saturday. I'm headed to PRP.

blackgt87

forum member
Reaction score
I would like to come out to a monthly thing, I think we should have it in Boardman Ohio lol.

Hey Jay what time are you going to PRP? Even though their calendar says otherwise Quaker City is done for the year, and Thompson hasn't updated their site. Even though Norwalk is the same distance I'd like to run that track. Plus my buddy with the duramax (who launched so hard at Thompson last time he cracked his windshield) has a lot of friends out there.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
I would like to come out to a monthly thing, I think we should have it in Boardman Ohio lol.

Hey Jay what time are you going to PRP? Even though their calendar says otherwise Quaker City is done for the year, and Thompson hasn't updated their site. Even though Norwalk is the same distance I'd like to run that track. Plus my buddy with the duramax (who launched so hard at Thompson last time he cracked his windshield) has a lot of friends out there.

Gates open at 9, first runs at 11. They usually run till 5. We got like 8 or so runs in last week.

I'll most likely get there around 9. You'll probably see a lot of mustang guys there this week. The weather looks perfect.

Last edited:

Swarzkopf

forum member
Reaction score
Sun is supposed to be shining with a high of mid 50s for saturday. I'm headed to PRP.

If this fucking sinus infection clears up a bit I'll be there too. Should be great racing weather.

Bill220

forum member
Reaction score
Ok, I'm going to sound like a dumbass but here goes. What is PRP?
This weather sucks!

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Ok, I'm going to sound like a dumbass but here goes. What is PRP?
This weather sucks!

Pittsburgh Raceway Park, it is in New Alexandria down 22E. A lot of us will be there on saturday drag racing. It's only $7 to spectate though if you want to come down and shoot the shit, or $25 to race.

Bill220

forum member
Reaction score
Pittsburgh Raceway Park, it is in New Alexandria down 22E. A lot of us will be there on saturday drag racing. It's only $7 to spectate though if you want to come down and shoot the shit, or $25 to race.

I think I might just do that if it's not gonna rain. What time is a good time to go?

If I wanted to run my car, what special prep would I need? It's totally stock.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
I think I might just do that if it's not gonna rain. What time is a good time to go?

If I wanted to run my car, what special prep would I need? It's totally stock.

Weather shows no rain.

http://www.pittsburghracewaypark.com

$25 to race, $7 to spectate. Typically on Test and Tune days they don't enforce a lot of the safety rules. If you have a Snell 2005+ helmet that is good if you are going to break 13.99. I've seen guys run 11 second cars helmetless though.

Basically you go up to the gate, the person will ask if youre racing or spectating. If you've raced this year you'll give them your membership card, if not they give you a form you fill out once you get into the tech-in lanes. It's basic stuff, like your name, address, car info etc. They'll assign you a permenant number then.

Once you get into the tech in lanes, just pop your hood, fill out that form, and put it with your receipt on the window under the wiper and wait by your car for a tech to come and do a quick inspection. All they do is look under your hood, and write a number on your window. No more than 10-15 seconds or so.

A bunch of us from this board will be there, so we'll be there to chat with etc. They call over the loud speakers which classes will be running and when. They usually go Street Cars > Slick Cars> Motor Cycles/Jr Drags, then it repeats about 6-7 times.

Track opens at 9am ,first passes are at 11am. They only take cash btw. Theres also a cafeteria there if you get hungry etc.

Brezick

Yinzer
Reaction score
As long as weather is clear, I should be up. I made a few adjustments to my trans shift pressure and points, hopefully I wont be bouncing off the limiter and break into an 11.5 run like I should be doing.

Bigmack2012Gb

Roll Racer
Reaction score
I'm down for monthly meets. As for this weekend i should be there but i might be stangless since i have 7 parts coming in friday that are going to be going on my car.

Bill220

forum member
Reaction score
Weather shows no rain.

http://www.pittsburghracewaypark.com

$25 to race, $7 to spectate. Typically on Test and Tune days they don't enforce a lot of the safety rules. If you have a Snell 2005+ helmet that is good if you are going to break 13.99. I've seen guys run 11 second cars helmetless though.

Basically you go up to the gate, the person will ask if youre racing or spectating. If you've raced this year you'll give them your membership card, if not they give you a form you fill out once you get into the tech-in lanes. It's basic stuff, like your name, address, car info etc. They'll assign you a permenant number then.

Once you get into the tech in lanes, just pop your hood, fill out that form, and put it with your receipt on the window under the wiper and wait by your car for a tech to come and do a quick inspection. All they do is look under your hood, and write a number on your window. No more than 10-15 seconds or so.

A bunch of us from this board will be there, so we'll be there to chat with etc. They call over the loud speakers which classes will be running and when. They usually go Street Cars > Slick Cars> Motor Cycles/Jr Drags, then it repeats about 6-7 times.

Track opens at 9am ,first passes are at 11am. They only take cash btw. Theres also a cafeteria there if you get hungry etc.

Thank you.

I have a motorcycle helmet that's only a couple years old, maybe I'll bring it with me.

What time you going?

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Thank you.

I have a motorcycle helmet that's only a couple years old, maybe I'll bring it with me.

What time you going?

I'll be there at 9, itll give me a few hours to let the car cool down and shoot the shit with the other racers.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Which days work well for possibly a wings/beer(or soda) meetup?

Bigmike0405

Whine and dine
Reaction score
Which days work well for possibly a wings/beer(or soda) meetup?

IDK about you guys but I am from Uniontown and its already a hour drive to century 3 so meeting up at night is a no go for me. Cops LOVE my car and will pull me over just to check license and registration.

So in the neighborhood of like 6-7pm on a weekend day would be great.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
IDK about you guys but I am from Uniontown and its already a hour drive to century 3 so meeting up at night is a no go for me. Cops LOVE my car and will pull me over just to check license and registration.

So in the neighborhood of like 6-7pm on a weekend day would be great.

That does suck but I am sure we can figure something out.

Swarzkopf

forum member
Reaction score
Looks like we're screwed for racing tomorrow. 70% chance of rain/snow now. :(

Back