what do you think id run?

srt2stang725

Reaction score
Ive been to the track once when i was stock and it was 100 degrees.....i ran a 14.0@101? something like that. And i went to the track 2 weeks ago when it was 45 degrees, and due to street tires and the track being cold i only got away with a 13.9....i was spinning all through first, i went sideways in 2nd backed off, and then spun through third for a sec. So after that knowing i was up a creek without a paddle i decided to call it a day before something bad happened....So i will be getting myself a set of wheels and slicks over the winter. But anyway on to my question...my mods are as follows, JLT II Cold air intake, 93 Octane Brenspeed tune, Pypes offroad x pipe and Mid Muffler system, and an MGW Shifter.....what do you think i would be able to run on slicks with these mods? Also anyone have any recommendations on a set of wheels and slicks...or maybe drag radials....im kinda leaning toward slicks.

kenneth

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
if your looking for rims also breenspeed has a nice combo you can pick up.

srt2stang725

Reaction score
thanks man that combo looks great, however its a little pricey....im going to try to find a pair of stock wheels on my own.

Charlie Sheen

Armed and Hammered
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What size stock rims do you have?

As far as a guess as to what you would run, too many variables are involved. There's only one way to really know for sure...

Grabber07'

The flying cheeto
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I picked up a solid .5 of a second with the Drs...hope that helps

srt2stang725

Reaction score
What size stock rims do you have?

As far as a guess as to what you would run, too many variables are involved. There's only one way to really know for sure...

haha yeah i know all about the variables...im just talking in terms of mods....anyone have similar mods to me?

Grabber07'

The flying cheeto
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
With an Xpipe and tune only i managed a 13.7 @ 103.3 on street tires, but granite that was within a month of purchasing the car and not knowing what the hell I was doing. Now add DRs to that and you have a 13.3-13.4. Not saying this is what you'll run...just giving you and idea of what I ran....I def needed a driver mod back then hehe

srt2stang725

Reaction score
haha thanks man....i need the driver mod too...my last car was fwd...still getting used to the rwd

Grabber07'

The flying cheeto
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Or just wait and check out the for sale section on this forum and others... you can find great deals on take off rims.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back