What have you done to your house today

Discussion in 'Home Improvement' started by Infamous05, Apr 11, 2013.

1. stkjock

stkjock ---- Madmin ---- Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator S197 Team Member

what you're all forgetting is Gabe's wife's name is.......................... Catherine.... he calls her Cat for short...

:eek::eek::eek:

AndrewNagle and WJBertrand like this.
  2. Gabe

Gabe Whippled Coyote

Thanks and hey, if it turns out it's overbuilt, then so be it.

Lol yeah, I'll have to keep an eye on the amount of snow that accumulates on there. It has a slight rake but not enough when a 2-foot snowstorm hits.
    I have a roof rake that will come in handy.

Lol no. She might be the big kitty in the house, but there actually are 2 felines roaming around.

20200721_Guzzi+Jack.jpg

EBABlacknChrome likes this.
  3. Gabe

Gabe Whippled Coyote

Yesterday, finished the outside of the new catio.
    I still need to build fun things inside and a bunch of steps/shelves, places for them to sit on and enjoy the day, but it's done.
    The plan is to install a screen pet door in the window screen, so they can go in and out through that basement window.
    I built a little platform on the other side for them to get up to the window and get down, since it's about a 5 foot drop from that window to the basement floor

z_catio_20200815_a.jpg

z_catio_20200815_b.jpg

EBABlacknChrome and AndrewNagle like this.
  4. Gabe

Gabe Whippled Coyote

Did a makeshift safe-distancing Halloween 2020 setup.
    Kids and parents all loving it.
    Kids walk up, say "Truck or Treat!" and candy comes down the pipe.
    Like a video game where they end up with candy! :lol:

IMG_20201031_181436609.jpg

5. AndrewNagle

AndrewNagle forum member

Great idea love it

Gabe likes this.
  6. EBABlacknChrome

EBABlacknChrome forum member

Took the kids trick or treating and there were a few setups like this. Lol as long as that though.

Wait, do you have snow?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

7. JimC

JimC Senior Member

We didn't get a single person this year. We never seem to get many, but this year there were none. A little surprised because we have some new neighbors, with kids, and they had lots of Halloween decorations out.

8. EBABlacknChrome

It was like 1 house out of 4 that was passing it out. The ones that were passing it out were going all out. Full size candy bars, hostas cakes and one couple was handing out spiked hot cider, boxes of crayons, boxes of markers, coloring books and candy. It was the good crayons and markers too lol. Hot cider was damn good. Are you guys back in Michigan or SC?

9. Gabe

Gabe Whippled Coyote

Yup. We got about 3" yesterday.

My back yard this morning:

20201031.jpg

10. Gabe

Gabe Whippled Coyote

To add to things actually done to the house, I recently completed the deck railing. Went with a black Wild Hog railing setup, 4" squares, about 42" tall overall. The Wild Hog panels are 36" tall, plus about 4" below and the wood thicknesses below/above. The top pieces are 2x6 cedar. I used my table saw to cut grooves into the pieces of wood for the railing panels to sit into, then the toppers have their own grooves on the bottom for the top of the panels to sit into. Love the final look. Still have to do the railing for the stairs.

IMG_20201018_170541887.jpg

IMG_20201024_143318748.jpg

IMG_20201025_183326181.jpg

11. AndrewNagle

AndrewNagle forum member

Looks great

Gabe likes this.
  12. JimC

JimC Senior Member

North Carolina. We sold our condo in Michigan.

13. EBABlacknChrome

Well it's beautiful but that sucks! Lol it was snowing here today but no warm to stick well at least where we are.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.