What have you done to your house today

Discussion in 'Home Improvement' started by Infamous05, Apr 11, 2013.

1. Gabe

Gabe Whippled Coyote

Wood.
    The Trex hidden fasteners were left with me by my bro-in-law, he did his deck with the same stuff and his looks good.
    I don't know what's up. I can just say "fuck it" and ignore it, but my OCD is having seizures when I see the uneven gaps.

2. EBABlacknChrome

EBABlacknChrome forum member

Not sure exactly why it's doing that but I have a good idea what maybe causing it. Plastic clips if not screwed at the correct angle will allow excessive movement. The boards should have been installed as tight as possible when doing so. With a deck board tweaker. With out looking hard to say. Here's a Concealoc from azek I am installing right now. They actually bite very well if the screw is placed correctly. [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Gabe likes this.
  3. Gabe

Gabe Whippled Coyote

Thanks, that's Trex though, right?
    I used the Trex fasteners with the PT boards, cuz that's what my brother-in-law left for me to use, same fasteners he used in his deck a few years ago. His deck is doing the same thing as mine.
    I still don't have railing on it so I might still pull the boards and reset them using all metal fasteners. Still trying to avoid face-screwing the boards since the clean look is so nice.

4. EBABlacknChrome

EBABlacknChrome forum member

No this is a Azek coastline decking. The plastic hidden fasteners suck! These clips could be used on your deck but the camo tool and screws may be a better option now that you have biscuit joints/slots. I have another clip that may work with your current slots. I'll take a pic tonight when I get home. I think I have a whole box of them, they're specific to wood decking with biscuits.

This isn't my usual decks. I do a lot of ipe decking when we do it. If we do plastic, I prefer Azek products but this batch has been a bitch to deal with. [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
    utlong31 and Gabe like this.
  5. WJBertrand

WJBertrand forum member

Not today, but had a new roof installed last week. Trying to get all the necessary projects done before I retire.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.