What have you done to your house today

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Been thinking about finding another house soon. I hate my neighborhood and it's gone downhill in the last 15 years. I also want more space between myself and my neighbors. I appreciate my solitude.

Found a POS house today on a 1 acre lot. It's a couple blocks off a main road and only 5-10 minutes further out than my current house. It needs a lot of work but I like the idea of a small house on a big lot with lots of room for a big shop.

Here's the freaky part. I went inside since one door had no latch and was unlocked. Nothing in the house except one picture on the wall above the sliding glass door in the living room.
IMG_2870.jpg

Now here's the picture hanging in my living room, bought it 10 years ago from a photographer client and paid a fortune to have it framed.

IMG_2880.jpg

http://stevevaughn.com/shop/oak-and-palm/

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
It's a freaky sign to burn it down and not call it arson

Taxman

One foot out the door
Reaction score
My first thought Brian... Run!! Burn the picture in your current house and flee!

Lol that is freaking crazy bro!

GoneFord

forum member
Reaction score
We found my wife's first truck. It was an old pasture truck on the ranch her dad used to cowboy at. The truck had sat out next to an old barn for thirty years. The new owners said we could have it if we could get it. Well, we got it. I went and got it and did a little fall themed display in the bed. I think it looks neat as hell.

That's a fantastic truck! And the fact that it has family history... WOW!

Love your place... I showed your shop to my wife and told her our next place has to have a shop before I get to old to enjoy one.

GoneFord

forum member
Reaction score
Been thinking about finding another house soon. I hate my neighborhood and it's gone downhill in the last 15 years. I also want more space between myself and my neighbors. I appreciate my solitude.

Found a POS house today on a 1 acre lot. It's a couple blocks off a main road and only 5-10 minutes further out than my current house. It needs a lot of work but I like the idea of a small house on a big lot with lots of room for a big shop.

Here's the freaky part. I went inside since one door had no latch and was unlocked. Nothing in the house except one picture on the wall above the sliding glass door in the living room.
IMG_2870.jpg

Now here's the picture hanging in my living room, bought it 10 years ago from a photographer client and paid a fortune to have it framed.

IMG_2880.jpg

http://stevevaughn.com/shop/oak-and-palm/

That is a coincidence that is too freaky. Stay away.

If after you move in you hear a voice say, "GET OOOUUTTT!" do so. Fast! Do not dealy!

Otherwise, it must be meant for you.

Hotrodder

forum member
Reaction score
My wife and I bought our first house in June this year. And yesterday we started a major bathroom project (major for us). It's cool because my dad is helping which is always nice and it's our first home project aside from painting/furnishing/etc. It's tough but so far very educational and enjoyable.

I didn't take any pics before I removed the vanity, mirror, toilet and all but here is some of the progress. And you can see some of the shady construction from the past.

fc9018383ce9054e779eb4377612e53d.jpg

ba6b8d097d3eba3a3f3f4d6d36beb2ce.jpg

9f3d2f6a672865447ed41cf88b6f48f9.jpg

766c2fb090025e901f7d14bc1612eff6.jpg

Taxman

One foot out the door
Reaction score
That's a fantastic truck! And the fact that it has family history... WOW!

Love your place... I showed your shop to my wife and told her our next place has to have a shop before I get to old to enjoy one.

Thanks man. Yeah I love the shop. Now that it's my down time, I should be able to use it more. So far it's been a big storage unit for the most part.

My wife and I bought our first house in June this year. And yesterday we started a major bathroom project (major for us). It's cool because my dad is helping which is always nice and it's our first home project aside from painting/furnishing/etc. It's tough but so far very educational and enjoyable.

I didn't take any pics before I removed the vanity, mirror, toilet and all but here is some of the progress. And you can see some of the shady construction from the past.

fc9018383ce9054e779eb4377612e53d.jpg

ba6b8d097d3eba3a3f3f4d6d36beb2ce.jpg

9f3d2f6a672865447ed41cf88b6f48f9.jpg

766c2fb090025e901f7d14bc1612eff6.jpg

That looks pretty major to me. What's your plans for the space? Are you upgrading or doing something really different?

Hotrodder

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks man. Yeah I love the shop. Now that it's my down time, I should be able to use it more. So far it's been a big storage unit for the most part.

That looks pretty major to me. What's your plans for the space? Are you upgrading or doing something really different?

There was a hump in the floor where the house settled and the joists moved a little. Corrected that and since that meant taking up the floor, we also decided just to gut the bathroom and do all new fixtures and vanity and all.

The good part is that I discovered we could eliminate an unused chase so we gained a whole corner of the bathroom. Unfortunately that meant the wife wanted the layout changed so new toilet and vanity location=more work haha. But it should look great when done. This is the new vanity. Well it's this style just slightly smaller.

9c4a7d633d063c6f53822d3254882490.jpg

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Picked up leaves for the last time. Washed the mower up and parked for the winter.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Finished painting the kitchen cabinets. No longer dark red.
Now a much more sale-able color, bound to appeal to tons more buyers.

2014-11-03_c_zps393f93c0.jpg

garner

forum member
Reaction score
From Lowe's, Valspar Bonding Primer and Valspar "Reserve" paint, 2 coats of each.
Took the doors off, all the hinges/knobs off, then went to town, one side at a time, doing the coats about 20-30 minutes apart

I'm in between doing your method and the rustoleum makeover kit in my bathrooms. I have golden oak and wanna do them white

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Yeah that looks really sharp.

Looks good, Gabe. Come do mine next.

Lol, thanks guys ...

Next on the agenda is the second upstairs bath vanity, gonna make it look the same as the other one I posted above somewhere.

Then, something I haven't done before, new flooring.
We're planning on removing the carpet on the stairs and in the 2nd floor and in the loft/3rd floor, replacing it with either new carpet or maybe a heavy-duty laminate.

For the stairs, one thought has been to install new tread and riser overlays ... any of you have any experience with that?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back