What have you done to your mustang today?

Onelildude

forum member
Reaction score
How you liking the clutch? I switched from McLeod RXT to exedy stg2 and the pedal is mucus stiffer

I like it. It grabs way better than the poem piece, but i'm still breaking it in so I haven't launched hard yet

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Honestly, now I don't blame Darren for not driving since its black.

Lol

Just washing the car looks like I did nothing to it. This is gonna be VERY time consuming. Black paint that is just washed without 50 hours of buffing and polishing looks good in the shade but CRAP in the sun!!!!!!

Uggghhhhhhhhh

lito

forum member
Reaction score
bc947dca2486c67d37dce37bf5eabcab.jpg

Haven't even started it in over a month, at least got it showered.

Sent from my ASUS_Z008D using Tapatalk

Grabber Blue 5.0

forum member
Reaction score
My journey began in the Spring when I went to get my car through emissions. I found out the car had three readiness tests that were N/A. I'm only allowed one here in Connecticut. I had been told by tuner R that it would pass and had been driving on that tune for a year so the drive cycles had to have been set if possible. I contacted tuner R again and expressed my problem and was sent another tune that may or may not pass. At this point tuner could not guarantee me to pass but had no problem when making the guarantee when he was taking my money. Loaded new tune and drove on it for several hundred miles with all the driving habits needed to get the readiness tests to become available. Tune ran like crap but tuner did say it was just for emissions purposes. Something told me I might be wasting my time so I contacted tuner R and asked that I be sent a tune with my rear o2's turned on and I would run the o2 foulers since many had had success with them. At this point tuner stop taking my phone calls and stopped answering emails and PM's. Tuner R had a good tune but the worst customer experience I had ever had. I'll never recommend him to anyone.

Since I couldn't register my car until the car passed emissions I decided to get a tune from tuner L. I specifically asked that my rear o2's be left on so I could run the anti foulers. When I got the tune emailed to me I asked if the o2's were on and the person I ordered them through had no idea. Great. So I headed to my friends shop and to install the foulers and two miles in it through a CEL. I was happy since it seemed my request was granted. Got to the shop to pull the code only to find out it was for an upstream o2 sensor instead. Made sense since it seemed to develop a miss. This is a problem with some of the longtubes that have the sensors in the 9:00 and 3:00 position.

At this point I had had enough and the new 2015 Mustangs were starting to grow on me. So I put my 2011 back to stock and traded it in on this 2015 GT premium with many options including the 401A upgrade. Plans for this car are an oil separator and catback and lave it alone and drive it for now. I don't want to go through the same thing again although I did bring it on myself. Here are a couple of cell phone pics. Yes I know I'll need a new plate.

Attachments

• S550.jpg
    S550.jpg
    505.8 KB · Views: 25
  • 2015 Silver Bullit.jpg
    2015 Silver Bullit.jpg
    499.7 KB · Views: 20

cavero

forum member
Reaction score
My journey began in the Spring when I went to get my car through emissions. I found out the car had three readiness tests that were N/A. I'm only allowed one here in Connecticut. I had been told by tuner R that it would pass and had been driving on that tune for a year so the drive cycles had to have been set if possible. I contacted tuner R again and expressed my problem and was sent another tune that may or may not pass. At this point tuner could not guarantee me to pass but had no problem when making the guarantee when he was taking my money. Loaded new tune and drove on it for several hundred miles with all the driving habits needed to get the readiness tests to become available. Tune ran like crap but tuner did say it was just for emissions purposes. Something told me I might be wasting my time so I contacted tuner R and asked that I be sent a tune with my rear o2's turned on and I would run the o2 foulers since many had had success with them. At this point tuner stop taking my phone calls and stopped answering emails and PM's. Tuner R had a good tune but the worst customer experience I had ever had. I'll never recommend him to anyone.

Since I couldn't register my car until the car passed emissions I decided to get a tune from tuner L. I specifically asked that my rear o2's be left on so I could run the anti foulers. When I got the tune emailed to me I asked if the o2's were on and the person I ordered them through had no idea. Great. So I headed to my friends shop and to install the foulers and two miles in it through a CEL. I was happy since it seemed my request was granted. Got to the shop to pull the code only to find out it was for an upstream o2 sensor instead. Made sense since it seemed to develop a miss. This is a problem with some of the longtubes that have the sensors in the 9:00 and 3:00 position.

At this point I had had enough and the new 2015 Mustangs were starting to grow on me. So I put my 2011 back to stock and traded it in on this 2015 GT premium with many options including the 401A upgrade. Plans for this car are an oil separator and catback and lave it alone and drive it for now. I don't want to go through the same thing again although I did bring it on myself. Here are a couple of cell phone pics. Yes I know I'll need a new plate.

I definitely hear ya on aftermarket headaches, getting a whole new car seems like an extreme though :biggrin:

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score

:welcome: to the s550 world! Beautiful car and time for a new screen name. LOL

Scott

S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Firstly congratulations on the 2015!

My tuner installed an emissions tune and then lent me one of these once everything went green (except for one) I went in for the PASS! Only took 130 kilometers and even evap went ready.

AutoLink® AL319, OBD II/EOBD Code Reader, Code Readers & Scan Tools - Amazon Canada@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41xEZD-6EGL.@@AMEPARAM@@41xEZD-6EGL

Only in my dreams would .... need to get a 2015 because I can not pass emissions work on my wife! lol

BleedinBlue

forum member
Reaction score

I bet I can guess what the "R" stands for! When I finally got mine to pass (non-foulers and stock tune, his tune with the 02s on would not work) I sent him an email to tell him. I wasnt even looking for a refund, but maybe he expects I will, because he won't answer me now. He was replying to emails consistently before.

Grabber Blue 5.0

forum member
Reaction score
I definitely hear ya on aftermarket headaches, getting a whole new car seems like an extreme though :biggrin:
I have no one to blame but myself but lesson learned. I'm glad I got this new car. It's by far the best one I've owned to date.
:welcome: to the s550 world! Beautiful car and time for a new screen name. LOL
Thank Darrin, glad to be a part of the new fraternity.

-Scott
I bet I can guess what the "R" stands for! When I finally got mine to pass (non-foulers and stock tune, his tune with the 02s on would not work) I sent him an email to tell him. I wasnt even looking for a refund, but maybe he expects I will, because he won't answer me now. He was replying to emails consistently before.
Yep, same asshole tuner. Again I'll never ever recommend him to anyone. Piss poor customer service.

Shok

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah why be secretive if multiple people have a prob with the guy? Good to know who to avoid, even though in my case I doubt I'll ever use more than a canned tune since I'm in California which is the worst for smog checks.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
I drove my Mustang to Lowe's planning on picking up a tube for my wheelbarrow tire. Somewhere between hardware and lawn and garden I forgot I was driving the Mustang and ended up buying another wheelbarrow. In case anybody is wondering, a 6 cubic foot wheelbarrow will fit in between the taillights of the s197 Mustang. I grabbed some twine, tied that bitch down and cruised home with the trunk open. For some reason everybody avoided driving behind me though.

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
I drove my Mustang to Lowe's planning on picking up a tube for my wheelbarrow tire. Somewhere between hardware and lawn and garden I forgot I was driving the Mustang and ended up buying another wheelbarrow. In case anybody is wondering, a 6 cubic foot wheelbarrow will fit in between the taillights of the s197 Mustang. I grabbed some twine, tied that bitch down and cruised home with the trunk open. For some reason everybody avoided driving behind me though.

that's because they had to slow down from laughing so hard! ..I would have had to stop and pull over :roflmao:

Not on my car, but did a rear end gear change and rear suspension upgrade (BMR UCA and LCA and Koni shocks). Would have put in the BMR lca relocation brackets but some of the hardware was missing. :boobies:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back