What have you done to your mustang today?

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
I agree, it's always the stubborn old hardware that sucks.

I had to redo my left side after and was much smoother.

Still annoying but smoother.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Kipp07GT

Slug Box
Reaction score
Started installing my Air Lift kit on my 05 only to pull the compressor out of the box and see that is cracked in half. This ordeal has been a nightmare from the get go. American Muscle had a Black Friday special so I ordered it then. Waited a few days, the fronts show up. Then 2 weeks later the air management system comes. After several calls to them they tell me the back bags are back ordered for nearly 2 months. Great to know when it shows you have them in stock on your website. So I have to wait till late January to get the back bags. So the front is done and part of the electrical is done. IMG_0337.jpg

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
Maybe American Muscle is going to start to go the way of a company that has a good name and will rest on its laurels and start decreasing quality and service while building up more and more profit until they are gone.

Anyone remember Granatelli!!!? I bet that guy is on here, he's going to come and reply. You say his name 3 times and he appears.

Kipp07GT

Slug Box
Reaction score
Its become a nightmare to expect orders now and days to be quality controlled and show up correct. I had bought a new GT rear bumper from them and they shipped a 15-18 mustang rear valance in a 05-09 box. Back orders have been a issue with them. It will show in stock ready for shipment then several days later the order does nothing but say processing. You call them and they are like oh yeah we are awaiting that shipment any day now. The X company is backed up and cant get anything out for a few weeks. After this I believe I will be finding my parts else where. Even Late Model Restoration is now becoming a problem. They do not carry the item any more or its out of stock and never to be filled again. I am getting cheap in my older age and less tolerant of ignorance from so called parts distributors. And yes I remember Granatelli. Whoops, there goes number two.

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
Maybe American Muscle is going to start to go the way of a company that has a good name and will rest on its laurels and start decreasing quality and service while building up more and more profit until they are gone.

Anyone remember Granatelli!!!? I bet that guy is on here, he's going to come and reply. You say his name 3 times and he appears.

AM won't even price match steeda.com's sale price anymore ! That was a waste of time and effort.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
I use as much OEM/used/hand fabricated stuff as possible. Especially used! What a goldmine! Some things that are finely tuned make sense, has AM ever got the screws into the wheel market. You cannot come close to the value you get on their stuff. Can't even paint a wheel for what they sell them for, shipped.

Hot rodding is getting more difficult and easier at the same time as the industry converges and billions of dollars of cheap crap is spun up and produced offshore.

Kipp07GT

Slug Box
Reaction score
I agree that hot rodding is both easy and hard now and days. I remember when all I could order from was Jegs or summit book using paper to actually fill out, send a check with and wait weeks for parts to come in. Now its as easy as clicking a button and hoping the product comes in correct. But pricing does play a huge factor. AM does have some great pricing that beats out others and makes it hard to pass on deal. Then they accept your discount code even on already discounted product. I got 6% off the already black Friday pricing so the time sucks to wait but the price was worth it.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
I found just removing the engine mounts and starter made it a breeze.. And then I took the headers back out because the steering shaft went right through them. The only person that lost with the ebay headers on this site, it seems.

dark steed

Resident noob
Reaction score
40c0cbdc73e7398c6e8b48f91aef7cb2.jpg
881dbd4120c118bb752b8dfa620d8a99.jpg

Finally installed my smoked sequential taillights

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mustang dog

forum member
Reaction score
I bead blasted my stock oil pan, followed by a couple of coats of lacquer. I am starting to like the raw metal look.

56617867755__9089E43C-593A-412D-848E-33F2C00DE7A7.JPG

Kipp07GT

Slug Box
Reaction score
Managed to finish up the front air ride and put 11-14 brakes on the front. Since the compressor is cracked I cant calibrate the system so on blocks it goes to get the jack out from under it. Also removed the old steering wheel and put the ford racing sparco one in. Added the raxiom 13-14 inspired tail lights in. I liked them on my 11 so I thought they would look decent on the 05. Slowly coming along. Now to get the near rear GT bumper in and put the new Roush rear end valance on it. One step at a time. IMG_0339.jpg IMG_0340.jpg IMG_0341.jpg

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back