What have you done to your mustang today?

jlmotox

forum member
Reaction score
Is that the GT500 style spoiler? I keep going back and forth on that one, can't decide if I actually want to get it or not.

Yes

Got a link? I hate my CS spoiler, it's freakin' massive. I can only see out the top half of my back window via the rear view mirror.

Can’t link from my phone but this is the seller...and it’s $119 not $129 like I originally said!

04546f2b94d025358920be7886dbe603.jpg

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Yeah but I wouldn't buy a Dorman fitting for such a difficult location to access. Buy a better fitting that won't fail in 6 months.

Forty61

forum member
Reaction score
Not today but over the weekend I built myself a splitter.. cut it out by hand, cleaned it up and used all the factory fastener locations. Considering creating a pattern to sell a couple if there is interest..

98933A9E-78FB-4B35-AC33-C324FB93493B.jpeg

ghunt81

New parts on old junk!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Catch cans installed on the boosted 3V. See if they work.

I got a Mishimoto catch can at Carlisle a couple years ago, plumbed it in on my driver's side (previously had a universal Jeg's one). I thought the Jeg's can caught a lot, but damn- took the Mishimoto can off at the end of the summer (maybe 5000 miles worth of driving) and it had probably 2-3 ounces of...well, whatever it is, looks like thin oil? Guessing oil and water vapor mixed together. Amazing how much goes through that PCV system.

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
Catch cans installed on the boosted 3V. See if they work.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

All 2005-10 GT models, driver's side. All 2007-14 GT500 models go on the passenger side. 2 catch cans are not necessary.

^ Only need one catch can on the driver's side. Passenger side can isn't going to catch anything.

Exactly 100% spot on.

Thought it was the other way ‘round?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

For all 2011-14 5.0 Coyote models, the PCV is on the passenger side. All 2005-10 4.6L 3v models are on the driver's side.

That's why I installed 2 of them.....I've read different things....figured can't go wrong this way.

Although it's not wrong or a bad thing, it's never the less overkill and unnecessary. I run just a single UPR 4 chamber oil separator on the driver's side of my boosted "06" 3 valve. Needless to say, it's been working just fine with no issues whatsoever. I also run a CFM billet oil cap breather which also includes a built-in one-way check valve that opens when under boosted conditions to relieve crankcase pressure, otherwise, the check valve remains closed during normal use, just like an OEM oil cap. In addition, I've also been very pleased with the CFM billet product, as it functions very well as advertised.

Last edited:

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
And to add to that, you can still make use of the extra catch can by installing it inline with the other one on the driver's side. I had two JLT catch cans on my '09 Bullitt and the second one caught almost as much crud as the first. Bottom of this pic, one black and one polished.

IMG_2516.JPG

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
I have the polished JLT on driver's side of my 2010. With oem Ford motorcraft semi synthetic 5W-20 eng oil, the JLT would catch a helluva lot of oil, like 80% full after 6 months. Then switched to RP 5W-30 HPS, 100% synthetic.... at which point, the JLT has very little in it, maybe 10% at most.

With the oem ford semi synthetic 5W-20, the catch can was not only 80% full, it looked like a chocolate milk shake. Mixture of oil, unburnt gas, and moisture. With the 100% synthetic, no more choc shake, it looks like plane jane new eng oil..and very little collected. Several of us noticed the same effect after switching to 100% synthetic. I have no explanation for that effect.

Without the catch can, you end up with a mess inside the blower elbow on a PD blower, and also oil all over the IC, and also all over the aluminum manifold. It also lowers the octane rating of what ever gas you are using at least one point. Installing 2 of em, nose to tail, in series, like skwerl does, is a good idea, esp if the 2nd one is catching whatever the 1st one misses. Easy enough to do.

MilehighGS

Reaction score
And to add to that, you can still make use of the extra catch can by installing it inline with the other one on the driver's side. I had two JLT catch cans on my '09 Bullitt and the second one caught almost as much crud as the first. Bottom of this pic, one black and one polished.

View attachment 69088
If the pass. side isn't really needed, I will run them inline as well. I run a DOB setup and saw the crud after pulling the throttle body and I about fell over!

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score

View attachment 69088

If I were running 2 catch cans, I would also recommend running them together inline in series on the driver's side as well. This provides even more protection by preventing crankcase oil vapor from reaching the PCV barb connector at the intake manifold. If it weren't for the CFM billet oil cap breather with its built-in one-way check valve? I'd also be using 2 catch cans inline together in the very same way.

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
If the pass. side isn't really needed, I will run them inline as well. I run a DOB setup and saw the crud after pulling the throttle body and I about fell over!

Running 2 of them inline will provide much better protection. The only reason I run just a single, is I also have a CFM billet oil cap breather that includes a built-in one-way check valve that opens up when under boost. When the check valve is open, it prevents the crankcase from pressurizing during WOT and boost. Under normal driving conditions, the check valve stays closed just like a regular oil cap. The catch can I have, is the UPR 4 chamber design that works flawlessly in preventing crankcase oil vapors from reaching the PCV barb connector at the intake manifold. Here's a couple images of my catch can and CFM billet oil cap breather. 000_0624.JPG 000_0540_384fa1913aa7b15bb10e90b75e7f806cfd2100c5.jpg

2007grabberGT

forum member
Reaction score
Replaced the cheap plastic reservoir tank from Paxton with a TIG welded aluminum piece from JPC. Also installed a pre-painted CDC chin spoiler. CMDP next!

20190407_140818.jpg

Back