What have you done to your mustang today?

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
Went to cars and coffee with it. Washed it on the way home and hit it with some spray wax.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Wife and I took them out for their first cruise of the year, nothing too crazy, just trying to burn off the 5-month old fuel in the tanks.

Great to be behind the wheel again :)

Phil1098

Reaction score
I did some more 06 update stuff that Ford learned about as time went on. I changed out my fuel pump and I changed the old coarse thread strut bolts for the higher torque fine thread ones. I needed to do the fuel pump as my original had the cavitate after cruising issue. Last fall my wife and I were on the interstate for about a half an hour and when I down shifted and peddled it I about bounced my head off the steering wheel, it's like it shut off for a second or so. My wife looked at me like WTF is wrong with this thing. I did end up putting in the fuel pump twice. The little rubber feet aren't exactly tight in the base and the first time I put it in, I had a bad gut feeling. Lifted it back out and yep, one had fallen out. Since the tank is something less than transparent, there is no way of knowing if they stayed in. So I drilled a 1/16" hole through the little round plastic feet with the rubber feet in place, then pushed a small copper wire through the holes and twisted the ends like safety wire. Now they are held in place and I know they stayed in.

When I did the strut bolts I raised my car on my new Quick Jack and while it was up I pulled the rear wheels too. I then washed and detailed the wheel houses and suspension parts. That lift being on on my driveway couldn't be any handier.

ghunt81

New parts on old junk!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So I forgot to post up last week but I officially got mine out of storage April 1. Still had a tank full of 93 octane in it from last October, need to get it out and dump some fresh stuff in there now that it's down to half a tank.

I posted about it here but I have some annoying metallic ringing sound coming from under the car. Sounds like thin metal vibrating against something else metal. Most noticeable on cold starts, and sometimes when it's cold outside (like 40-50 degrees), after a minute or so of driving, it makes this god awful sound like someone cutting thin metal with a band saw. Lasts about 15-20 seconds and never does it again. So weird...gonna have to figure out what that is. You can hear a light "ringing" sound every time you're driving alongside something that reflects the sound back at you.

JimC

Reaction score
Had my windscreen repaired after taking a stone last week. WHACK!
The last time I did that -- full replacement because it cracked across immediately -- I left the shop and went to a client meeting. Got 45 minutes up the road, not even an hour on the new windshield and BAM, stone hits the new windshield and chips it! Had to go right back and have it repaired.

WJBertrand

forum member
Reaction score
The last time I did that -- full replacement because it cracked across immediately -- I left the shop and went to a client meeting. Got 45 minutes up the road, not even an hour on the new windshield and BAM, stone hits the new windshield and chips it! Had to go right back and have it repaired.

Yours isn’t the only story I’ve hear like that, what a pisser[emoji35]

In my case luckily it didn’t spread.

38f128377552e7b69b97d9c4735752c1.jpg

I put a shade behind it so it’d show up better. Need to take an after picture now. It’s about 90% better after the repair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ghunt81

New parts on old junk!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have a cracked windshield on my F150 that happened at 27K miles. Have heard guys saying the windshields on these trucks crack a lot. Knock on wood but no windshield cracks on the Mustang and I've had it for almost 8 years!

MilehighGS

Reaction score
Installed a Fosgate sub and 5 channel amp, new harness bar and rear seat delete since nobody rides in the backseat anyway.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

06JET

forum member
Reaction score
Installed my jacking rails and fixed up some wiring that was hanging for some reason.
027.JPG 029.JPG 030.JPG

Thought they would be longer. It stops where the ratchet is laying on the driveway.
032.JPG

Also removed the Tire Tats that the previous owner installed.
034.JPG

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
Is it just me or is Tapatalk no longer compatible on this forum? All pictures are broken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

nbk13nw

forum member
Reaction score
I find quite a few "broken" and have for a long time. Works fine on the "puter"..

ghunt81

New parts on old junk!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I put my jacking rails on and found out the jack doesn't fit under them if the car is sitting on the ground :frown:

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
About to finish up on this heater hose leak, I was having a heart attack thinking it was my head gasket leaking when I noticed I was losing coolant all the damn time!
Thank goodness it's just a hose.
ugly1.jpg

Ugly2.jpg

Also, made a high performance baked potato.
Ugly3.jpg

bujeezus

forum member
Reaction score
About to finish up on this heater hose leak, I was having a heart attack thinking it was my head gasket leaking when I noticed I was losing coolant all the damn time!
Thank goodness it's just a hose.

Ugly2.jpg
Did you replace the whole assembly?

2007grabberGT

forum member
Reaction score
Fixed a leaking Drake differential cover with a "Lubelocker" gasket. Also replaced the original fuel filter (12 years and 58,000 miles old).

20190413_144801.jpg

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
I put my jacking rails on and found out the jack doesn't fit under them if the car is sitting on the ground :frown:
What type of floor jack do you have, standard or low-profile? if you have a standard floor jack, this may be the reason it doesn't fit under the jacking rails when sitting on the ground :shrug:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back