What have you done to your mustang today?

2007grabberGT

forum member
Reaction score
Today I replaced my 285/35r19 Mickey Thompson Street Comps with some ET Street S/S. Weather is too poor to test them out, by I expect much better performance from them.
Those street comps were going to get me featured in some youtube "when Mustangs attack" compilation.

06JET

forum member
Reaction score
Today I replaced me hood struts with the Redline hood struts. The Redline are a much better choice for my carbon fiber hood. I love the look of my hood but I hate how flimsy it is. You can see the damage caused by the old hood struts and I only use them to hold the hood up after I open it. I had to put them on and take them off every time I opened the hood. The damage is just from the wind and the weight. I was worried so I put 3/4" wide metal strips inside the hood before I installed the ball connectors for the strut. I will get some black fingernail polish and touch up the rivets later. Overall this has been a long time coming. I love that I don't have to mess with the struts anymore when opening and closing the hood. Without the metal backing strips I installed I am sure the hood couldn't have taken the force the struts place on it. All is well for the 06Jet today.

Damage from old struts.
007.JPG

Metal backing strip.
006.JPG

Both sides done and ready for struts.
009.JPG

Complete. Doesn't open up as high as the other struts but I followed the directions on location and there is plenty of room/access.
011.JPG

Just need some black fingernail polish. I was even able to use a black plug to cover up the access hole.
013.JPG

utlong31

Reaction score
5ec0c016424a10cb217ec76b104e30df.jpg

I put some 305-45-18 NT05 of the rear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2007grabberGT

forum member
Reaction score
Did part of the blade break off or am I missing something?
No broken blade, that's just what they look like in the closed position. The delete plates claim a small horsepower increase, but i installed mine after reading about failures of the butterflies on forced induction motors. More of a safety precaution for me.

06JET

forum member
Reaction score
No broken blade, that's just what they look like in the closed position. The delete plates claim a small horsepower increase, but i installed mine after reading about failures of the butterflies on forced induction motors. More of a safety precaution for me.
I was going to do the deletes but decided to go with the Ford Racing Intake and Throttle body.

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
Since I had positive knock and the car was pulling timing on shell 91 I filled up with "cheap" kroger 91 today and added 10 ounces of boostane. Did a second gear pull and compared it to the log I took with the shell.

Car not only isn't pulling timing any more. It is adding it through most of the pull.

Apparently the shell 91 I bought (almost $4/gal ffs!) isn't going to support the timing I have in this tune. So I either keep using boostane or de-tune the car and pull at least two degrees out of it. Honestly I hate doing the latter and am leaning towards the former no matter what people say about MMT.

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
ACN91 only. I didn't think you could get a worse fuel situation than what was in montana but I was wrong. Nevada is worse yet unless you live in vegas where pump E85 exists.

lx92coupe

forum member
Reaction score
I put the mt ss tires back on and switched back to e85 for the summer. Also changed the oil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
Sounds great and has a nice deep tone.

Hey there "06JET, I recall asking you nearly 6 months ago about your Roush extreme cat-back exhaust to get your opinion regarding if you experience any interior resonance drone inside the cabin and if you do? I would like to know if the drone is just minimal or really bad between 1500-2500 RPM while at cruising speeds on the highway. My reason for concern is I've narrowed my choice for my next exhaust down to the Roush extreme cat-back and would really appreciate your feedback. Thanks in advance,

-Rocky

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back