What have you done to your mustang today?

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
I have cervinis side pipes and nothing in the center scraps. The little side tips do only on big speed bumps so I avoid them like the plague.
8a08b2ed7c12f8b4aa52ebd1403ba6d3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

We also have plenty of those big speed bumps here in Western, PA. Like yourself, I also have to avoid them like the plague as well just with having a lowered suspension.

I understand his concern, I had to raise my coilovers back up a little after longtubes. Scraped my high flow cats everywhere on speedbumps etc. I'm having an exhaust shop mount them as much forward and up as possible soon, its driving me nuts.

The problem is the longtubes move the cats towards the middle of the car, so they are not lifted over a bump by the wheels but hit the bump when the front wheels are already down again.

Consider yourself fortunate that you have coilovers that you can raise the height of your suspension lol.

Here are some pic's I took this morning. My car is pretty low but I have the option of raising it on the fly with the Airlift. A little dark, It was early.

You can see the Kook's High Flow Cats where the white rocks are on the driveway.
View attachment 69490

View attachment 69491

Yes, I have scraped them.
View attachment 69492

Have you scraped them after raising your suspension with the Airlift?

Do you know what size the resonators are? The Magnaflows I had mid-mounted were 4" case so they were pretty decent size. And honestly it was only extreme cases where they scraped. Our local Ford garage has a ridiculous breakover angle into their service bays (it's on the side of a hill), I took it there once for an inspection and they had to put boards on the ground to get it over that "ridge," and it still scraped the mid mufflers on the ground- and that's back when I only had P springs on it, I never went back there again.

IIRC the Roush mid-mounted resonators are 3" in diameter. Perhaps "06JET can confirm, as he has the Roush Extreme cat-back exhaust which includes the mid-mounted resonators on his car. My local Ford dealership also has to place my car onto boards in order to clear the ridge just before the lift due to my lowered suspension :shrug:

06JET

forum member
Reaction score
Have you scraped them after raising your suspension with the Airlift?

IIRC the Roush mid-mounted resonators are 3" in diameter. Perhaps "06JET can confirm, as he has the Roush Extreme cat-back exhaust which includes the mid-mounted resonators on his car. My local Ford dealership also has to place my car onto boards in order to clear the ridge just before the lift due to my lowered suspension :shrug:

No scraping after I lift it up to normal ride height. Or what I think normal is anyway.
Usually I drive it at this height.
069.JPG

Yes, they are 3" the best I can tell.
137.JPG

My frame rail is almost 4" off the ground and the cats are about 2-3/4" off the ground.
144.JPG

I can get over a speed bump if it ain't too big. It's pulling in or out of parking lot or trying to get on any kind or ramp or lift for inspections. The place I get my emissions inspections done got into trouble because my car wouldn't fit on their ramp so they let me sit outside their shop and ran the cord out to my car. It wasn't on the camera when the test was done so they got threatened with a $10,000 fine if it happened again and they would loose their license to do inspections. Now we use boards and I have my pressure maxed out to get all the height I can out of it. I can still only get half way in and that is good enough.
154.JPG

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
I can just imagine how worse of a clearance issue you would've had if you didn't have your Airlift suspension. I also know what you're going through when it comes to speed bumps, especially when it comes to parking lots, as there's far less space to maneuver around when attempting to avoid them. What works best for me, is when going over them, I move as slowly as possible while turning the steering wheel outward when making contact with the speed bump on an angle. This helps in raising the front bumper over the speed bump just enough to clear it. It's never the less a PITA, but it does work for what it's worth lol. I can also relate to what you have to go through when taking your car in for inspection. I always have to remind the techs at my local Ford dealership to place boards onto their ramps before driving my car up on their lifts. In the meantime, I also thank you for confirming the diameter of the Roush Extreme mid-muffler resonators as 3" and also for taking and sharing all the pics you posted of your car's ride height :waytogo:

davidjurss1

Reaction score
Got bored, took some acetone to my steering wheel. The paint was all scratched up from years of abuse, I think it looks a ton better now

20190423_170514.jpg

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Went out to dinner last night, took the wife's Shelby, she drove :)

Found a nice spot in a nearby parking garage.

Leaving the parking garage at the end of the night, the wifey couldn't stop grinning as she was making that Shelby bark .... LOL

(the "ah, shit" at the beginning was cuz she missed an exit, so we had to loop around; we were on the 3rd floor making our way down)

06JET

forum member
Reaction score
Went out to dinner last night, took the wife's Shelby, she drove :)

Found a nice spot in a nearby parking garage.

Leaving the parking garage at the end of the night, the wifey couldn't stop grinning as she was making that Shelby bark .... LOL

(the "ah, shit" at the beginning was cuz she missed an exit, so we had to loop around; we were on the 3rd floor making our way down)

Sounds Awesome!!!

Mrerob

Reaction score
I’m 4 weeks out on an ACL reconstruction and I haven’t been able to do anything to my car, which I really only need to do a few things but I was finally able to do something, not much only 5 minutes of work. the condition of the antenna was just miserable so it had to go.
7EE2506F-1A1D-4B8E-B620-5FF4B906DE18.jpeg 15CB0E7C-9F46-49B6-B116-A8E8C8D0EE8D.jpeg
96A16B6A-A840-413F-8ECA-7CD6464F8E37.jpeg 7699E0F0-2199-4F95-BF64-B6C2149EBA81.jpeg

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Drove it to work. Second time this week and tomorrow's looking like it's gonna happen again
smile.gif

The boss allows me to park it on the dealership lot, right next to the trailer we work out of. Awesome.

What a nice way to disconnect from the work day ... a nice drive in the 600-horse Mustang
biggrin.gif

jakebrake1

Reaction score
I didn't hear any car alarms going off. She must not have been trying very hard.
there is a parking garage at our local mall. I put pythons on my Harley.

the cacophony of car alarms always made me happy.

ghunt81

New parts on old junk!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Nice, I've been thinking about installing one on my car. Did you put the button in your glove box area?

I did the Silverhorse kit a few years ago. I put the button in the center console bin, I think it's more convenient there than in the glove box.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back