What have you done to your mustang today?

HD_FHTBOY

Reaction score
Upgraded to 13" Rotors and installed a CDC Classic Light bar. Replaced the A/C Receiver Drier and then charged the AC. IMG_7344 (1).JPG IMG_7330.JPG

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Replaced the Whipple's belt with a 1"-shorter Gates K060815 belt.
A somewhat tight fit, but the tensioner still has a little room to move, and this will hopefully eradicate my belt-slip and wonky-boost-levels issues.

About 3/8" shorter when pulling on both belts side-by-side:
(old belt almost 3 years old)

IMG_0835.JPG

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
A somewhat tight fit, but the tensioner still has a little room to move, and this will hopefully eradicate my belt-slip and wonky-boost-levels issues.

View attachment 69927
What tensioner are you running?

travelers

Reaction score
Well this morning I started by removing the FRPP super charger 65mm throttle body. Also the fuel injectors and installed new spark plugs. Did a little engine bay cleaning. Then setup the new VMP Gen 3 super charger. Installed the new FIC 1000 fuel injectors with new VMP fuel rails. Installed the new super charger and new 67mm throttle body. Reinstalled the rest of the stuff and loaded the new tune from guess who????? VMP. Started up wit no problems, I have to do some data logs for them tomorrow. All in all a good day, took my time and it took about 5 hrs.

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score

View attachment 69927

Gabe, glad the shorter 1" Gates belt fixed you're belt-slip and boost level issues :waytogo:

Well this morning I started by removing the FRPP super charger 65mm throttle body. Also the fuel injectors and installed new spark plugs. Did a little engine bay cleaning. Then setup the new VMP Gen 3 super charger. Installed the new FIC 1000 fuel injectors with new VMP fuel rails. Installed the new super charger and new 67mm throttle body. Reinstalled the rest of the stuff and loaded the new tune from guess who????? VMP. Started up wit no problems, I have to do some data logs for them tomorrow. All in all a good day, took my time and it took about 5 hrs.

Congrats on the new VMP supercharger install :waytogo:

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score

Congrats on the install. What made you make a change?

Gabe, glad the shorter 1" Gates belt fixed you're belt-slip and boost level issues :waytogo:

Thanks Rocky. Not sure yet that the new belt fixed my boost issues, I haven't had the chance to drive the car enough yet to figure it out.
Plus, it's hard to keep an eye on the boost gauge when the gas pedal is matted, lol

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
brought it home on a flat bed... P0324... failsafe mode and over rev at start up.... :(

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
brought it home on a flat bed... P0324... failsafe mode and over rev at start up.... :(

P0324 comes up as a Knock Control system error, but your car doesn't have knock sensors ...WTF?

https://www.obd-codes.com/p0324
"Potential causes for this code to set are:
Defective knock sensor/s
Internal engine malfunction
Ignition misfire/s
Contaminated or substandard fuel
Defective knock sensor control wiring and/or connectors
Bad PCM or a PCM programing error"

LikeabossTM

forum member
Reaction score
It was a hat trick day...

...the rear end was cockeyed and when I measured from ground to fender lip the right was about a quarter inch higher than left. Put it on stands and was able to clock the right spring by 180° by hand and now there's only a sixteenth inch difference and it's sitting level by eye.

Also found the front right abs sensor bolt loose and the sensor just rattling around, which explains my abs triggering on the smallest of bumps at slow speed stops.

But what I really put it up for was to swap the 2011 front sway bar and end links for the spare 2014 set I had from the wreck. The clunk in the front was driving me bonkers. Clunk gone!

A good three hour session with pleasing results.

2e6f39b189244c27d56a82b40e0b35bd.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
P0324 comes up as a Knock Control system error, but your car doesn't have knock sensors ...WTF?

https://www.obd-codes.com/p0324
"Potential causes for this code to set are:
Defective knock sensor/s
Internal engine malfunction
Ignition misfire/s
Contaminated or substandard fuel
Defective knock sensor control wiring and/or connectors
Bad PCM or a PCM programing error"
I think I mistyped or misremember. it was 321, which maybe the crank position sensor, also had 2104

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
I was rolling with an EVO and 2 IS this morning. Steel Stacks was cool. Lot's of high dollar cars there.

View attachment 69959 View attachment 69960
View attachment 69961

IMO your Mustang fit in very well with those high dollar cars :waytogo:

I think I mistyped or misremember. it was 321, which maybe the crank position sensor, also had 2104

Can certainly understand your reason for mistyping or misremembering which code after your car went into failsafe mode and then having to flatbed it home which is more than enough reason for getting stressed out and pissed off about, that's for sure.

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
Congrats on the install. What made you make a change?

Thanks Rocky. Not sure yet that the new belt fixed my boost issues, I haven't had the chance to drive the car enough yet to figure it out.
Plus, it's hard to keep an eye on the boost gauge when the gas pedal is matted, lol
Seems to make sense that a 1" smaller belt should fix the belt slipping issues IMO, Gabe. I think once you have the chance to drive the car enough, it should also take care of your boost issues as well. I also know what you mean about keeping an eye on the boost gauge when the accelerator pedal is matted lol.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score

2104 may have set after the car stalled or another way caused by 0321.
You still running the original alternator?
I've heard of 05-09 Mustangs popping weird codes when the alternator starts going bad

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yes original alt.

The 2104 I had before, the TB actuator went bad, so that could be the issue. The over-rev at start leads me think that

EBABlacknChrome

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Wash it this morning, then drove it out to the body where she'll get a little TLC this. So the kids and I had a some fun on the way while the wife followed in my truck. So she got a little video so I could hear it. I didn't even have to ask. Great wife she is! Hopefully the link works.

67f98efa25913d537941b7c086448d73.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

06JET

forum member
Reaction score
Wash it this morning, then drove it out to the body where she'll get a little TLC this. So the kids and I had a some fun on the way while the wife followed in my truck. So she got a little video so I could hear it. I didn't even have to ask. Great wife she is! Hopefully the link works.

67f98efa25913d537941b7c086448d73.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Looks and sounds awesome! The wife's music choice sounds good too.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back