What have you done to your mustang today?

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
Good point about the hood stops making the body lines uneven and higher than the fenders. I suppose your only other option is cut out the section that's hitting and making contact as you mentioned earlier in the thread. When it comes to speed bumps, I always approach them slowly by turning the wheels either full clockwise or full counterclockwise on a slight angle. Although it's PITA, it does provide just enough clearance in order to avoid scraping, otherwise, I'll just avoid parking lots altogether lol.

oldVOR

forum member
Reaction score
Reinstalled the door panels in my daughters '05 premium after the local upholstery shop replaced the door inserts with the OEM pattern material. The original material had already fallen off so, the shop only had to remove the cardboard backing down to the plastic then install the new material. The shop said they've done over a hundred of these panels and stock the OEM material. They did a great job and the panels look fantastic.

i-tC7jpTX-X2.jpg

i-dP9XhfZ-X2.jpg

Dropped my sons door panels off when I picked these up for my daughter.

oldVOR

forum member
Reaction score
Since I had the door panels off my daughters Mustang, I replaced the passenger side door handle. The handle failed over a year ago and I had a new one painted to match. It would still open the door but not retract fully afterwards. It looks like the plastic of the housing gets weak and spreads where the metal pin and spring exerts pressure on the plastic until it fails.

i-Q7SPdK6-X2.jpg

i-F49cR6K-X2.jpg

The paint shop did a fantastic job matching the color and metallic content in the paint.

The driver side door handle just recently did the same thing where it won't pull itself flush and I'm assuming it has failed in the same manner. Is this a common problem on the S197's?

dark steed

Resident noob
Reaction score
Nice!! I need to get my door panels done or do the carbon fiber inserts.

I’ve had mine since 2008 and that the first time I heard of the handles doing that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nbk13nw

forum member
Reaction score
My handle on the drivers side started that nonsense a few years ago in my 05.

oldVOR

forum member
Reaction score
Reinstalled the door panels on my sons '08 California Special. They hadn't completely fallen off like my daughters '05 but they weren't hanging on by much either.

i-9R2h739-X2.jpg

i-sS4h45J-X2.jpg

oldVOR

forum member
Reaction score
My son and I also worked on finding a small leak into the left side of the trunk that was eluding us the last year or so. Sometimes it would leak and sometimes it wouldn't. We found it leaked based on the position of the Mustang, nose down and left side down it leaked. All other positions, it didn't. We finally found a hole the size of a pen tip on the left side behind the tail lamp along the body seam. The small dark hole in the center of the pic was the source of the leak. It looks like the factory skimped on the amount of seam sealer in this area compared to the right side.
i-33Dnzbw-X2.jpg

Cleaned up the area and applied additional seam sealer across the entire seam to cure the problem.
i-DqrDGVc-X2.jpg

The new application of seam sealer went into the hole and can be seen from the inside of the trunk.
i-7QF42hP-X2.jpg

MilehighGS

Reaction score
Smoked Raxiom halo headlights and smoked sequential coyote tails......

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Yesterday - took the cats off again.
The glorious sound is back :)

Since I can now weld and have my own welder, I welded on 3"-3" (inside diameter) connectors onto the ends of the cat-delete pipes, then sprayed them with some Rustoleum Rust Reformer paint to try to keep corrosion away.
The connectors slip onto the front of my JBA H-pipe and are held on with clamps.

IMG_20190608_145524674.jpg

IMG_20190608_145629511.jpg

Welded some different connectors to the ends of the cat converters for when they have to go back on next year:

IMG_20190608_145422693.jpg

travelers

Reaction score
Nice job. I stopped using those U type clamps and just use the SS band clamps. So your a welder now?????? Second pic looks good but I don't know about the first pic. Hahahah Just kidding

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Nice job. I stopped using those U type clamps and just use the SS band clamps. So your a welder now?????? Second pic looks good but I don't know about the first pic. Hahahah Just kidding

Lol thanks. Yeah I took a class at the local high school, loved it. I can lay some really nice beads with a proper welder using gas.
My welder is a small portable unit and this was with flux core wire that apparently gives off a lot of splatter.
Considering where the parts were going to be, I didn't think it was necessary to clean them up too much.

travelers

Reaction score
I never liked the flux core stuff on the small welders. I borrowed one from our supplier when I chopped 3" from my '30 Model A years ago. I had to gas and hammer weld that back together. Now I have used flux core .045 at 275amp with special wire and that was ok.

With what you have, that's not a bad job....

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Turned 49,000 miles on the Mustang today :)
Another thousand and I'm gonna have to trade it in or something, LOL
This has been the longest I've owned a car. Bought it August 11th, 2012, I've now had it almost 7 years. Put 2,200 miles on it the first month I had it.
My most famous line about it? "It's perfect the way it is, I'm not doing anything to it!" :lol:

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
Yesterday - took the cats off again.
The glorious sound is back :)

Since I can now weld and have my own welder, I welded on 3"-3" (inside diameter) connectors onto the ends of the cat-delete pipes, then sprayed them with some Rustoleum Rust Reformer paint to try to keep corrosion away.
The connectors slip onto the front of my JBA H-pipe and are held on with clamps.

View attachment 69871

View attachment 69872

Welded some different connectors to the ends of the cat converters for when they have to go back on next year:

View attachment 69870

Nice job, Gabe. Looks good :waytogo:

Turned 49,000 miles on the Mustang today :)
Another thousand and I'm gonna have to trade it in or something, LOL
This has been the longest I've owned a car. Bought it August 11th, 2012, I've now had it almost 7 years. Put 2,200 miles on it the first month I had it.
My most famous line about it? "It's perfect the way it is, I'm not doing anything to it!" :lol:

Gabe, I have quite a ways to go yet before catching up to you. My 06 has just 26,266 miles lol.

View attachment 69886 View attachment 69887

Started working on installing a 6 point cage I picked up over the weekend. Have some work to do but will be nice when finished Planning on having it powder coated to match the car.
You're doing some nice installation work on the 6 point cage. Looking forward to seeing it powder coated when completed :waytogo:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back