What have you done to your mustang today?

MrClean

Marc; but I go by MrClean
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
New clutch, throw bearing, and flywheel changed under warranty (it was dragging which caused it to make it difficult to pull out of 1st & reverse).
Also had the coolant flushed and replaced.
qa3uhu4a.jpg
re3azehu.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Really? Haven't you had to send one back several times now?

Yep, I have sent the right one back twice, this is the third time for this left one. They can't figure out what is causing the failures. I put about 500-600 non boost break in miles on them and the bearings start to make noise on spool down. Comp has been very good at redoing them at no cost to me but I have spent several hundred dollars just on shipping charges.

I just got the right one back, that they had all summer, and was putting miles on it when the left one started making noise. I was putting break in miles on the left one when the right one went out last spring, which made me miss the track rental.

If I have any more problems with them I am going to convert them to oil cooled. I have had it with these oil less bearings, not needing oil lines and all the oiling problems is very nice but not having my car running isn't. The worst part, for me, is these have cost me the use of my car for 2 summers. Being 68 I don't have many good summers left.

Earl

Doug M

Fast Cars & Freedom
Reaction score
Earl, This is rough Brother! Sorry to hear about all your problems. Hope it all goes well for you. Turbo setup's can be a real pain for some of you guys...wow!

lethe

V4g!n@ #er
Reaction score
Being 68 I don't have many good summers left.

Earl

68 and you have a TT mustang? I hope im as cool as you when i grow up! I hope you have many more good summers to enjoy life and your car. Hopefully it doesn't come to converting to oil cooled but if it's what solves the problem then it will be worth it.

Doug M

Fast Cars & Freedom
Reaction score
68 and you have a TT mustang? I hope im as cool as you when i grow up! I hope you have many more good summers to enjoy life and your car. Hopefully it doesn't come to converting to oil cooled but if it's what solves the problem then it will be worth it.
Well said! Earl, you need to do what needs to be done, so you can enjoy that Beast!

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind comments guys. I am just really pissed, so I had to rant. Comp promises they will turn this one around and get it back to me, so that I will be able to make the rental. I am hoping this is the case. I am going to MIR regardless but I would really hate to go in the wife's Hyundai Santa Fe.

Earl

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well, if you do go in the Hyundai, don't blow it up. I think if you stick with around a 100 shot you should be ok.

moostang09

Resident YouTube Guy
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Purchased some RTR Wheels for it!

Cool story of that purchase in the "So what has made your day thread".

lethe

V4g!n@ #er
Reaction score
Went out late last night and got another log for lito. He says the tune is getting close to being finished for WOT. I think next he will work on cold starts and a few other things. It's a little rough until the engine has warmed up a bit.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back