What have you done to your mustang today?

claudermilk

Reaction score
Got it back from the shop today. Now with the Boss 302R rack. That means I can add front control arms & bushings to the wishlist.

Why the rack, you ask? This:
i-XHG97rs-M.jpg
i-HhbrSWK-M.jpg

The controller PCB lives directly behind this cover & suffered the same damage. Poof! No power steering & a dash full of idiot lights.

This part goes up in the garage as a reminder to take my time & don't be an idiot. :dunce:

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
No more lifting the car from the side.

wood2_zpszbgmvyy3.jpg

wood4_zpsxn4qcu3y.jpg

Last edited:

Blxcklist

Hi Im Justin
Reaction score
That is what an Air Lift suspension is for, a push of a button and you are approximately an inch higher than OEM height.

I would love to drive around with it fully aired up just to screw with people. They be like is that a 4wd mustang? Fuck yeah it is!

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
So the used set of Pypes shorty headers ended up being a fake set. The plaque welded on it say C.A.M on it?

claudermilk

Reaction score
I couldn't get that 4x4 under my car by itself much less on a jack! Cuz MOARLOW!!!!
Same problem here. I have Rage Powersport helper ramps for that. Lifts the car enough to get the jack under there where there is a jacking pad on the K-member (I have a stock one).

Damn Chris, how'd you do that?
Fatigue and stupidity. Jumped in the car to pull off the ramps, but forgot to drop the floor jack first. :samuri::kill: We now know exactly what lives directly in front of the stock K-member jacking pad.

This is what changing brake pads in the rain after a day on the track gets you. It's an expensive lesson, but I will change how I do things. Get all 4 corners up on jackstands, and rent a garage spot so I'm immune from the weather. Also pay closer attention to weather forecasts (I did check a day or two before--should have checked again the evening before & prior to heading out the door). And finally, make sure I have some kind of light jacket packed regardless.

To make a little lemonade out of this, I opted to put the Ford Racing rack in rather than just OEM replacement since the whole rack was changing anyway. That meant a week-and-a-half in the POS Hyundai rental instead of 2 days. I also ended up with 2 since Tasca was having trouble with their phones at the time, Summit moved fast to get the order going--but not cancel, and I already had sat for a day trying to get the order going. Anyone want a Ford Racing EPAS rack? I need to return it.

BleedinBlue

forum member
Reaction score
I picked up some custom tinted 2011-12 tail lights and got them in today. My intentions are to sell the 2014 tail lights I've had on the car for the past couple of years. This will free up some cash and fill in the gap. The lights took a while to get but look pretty damn good, the picture doesn't do them justice.

The bad?

I sold my OEM 2011 tail lights last week and FORGOT TO TAKE THE DAMN HARNESSES OUT. Of course the new lights didn't come with harnesses and bulbs, I wouldn't have expected them to if I had thought of it. Now I have to source some harnesses. Mother #@$%@%^.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back