What have you done to your mustang today?

Count

forum member
Reaction score
It's not that hard to get them working, hit me up if you need any help with it, I've done three now with the PAC SWI module

Thanks bro! I'll definitely reach out when I get around to it but right now I don't feel like forking up the cash for the PAC SWI....lol

The stang is not a daily for me so not a biggy for me.

BleedinBlue

forum member
Reaction score
Anyone know why my readiness monitors aren't ready for emissions tests? I drove the car over 200 miles after uploading an emissions friendly tune. I know the drive cycle procedures are in the manual, but driving it 200+ miles mixed interstate and stop and go should have been plenty.

f4bfce08ac85d14582c9d54e03d444fb.jpg

chair

forum member
Reaction score
Anyone know why my readiness monitors aren't ready for emissions tests? I drove the car over 200 miles after uploading an emissions friendly tune. I know the drive cycle procedures are in the manual, but driving it 200+ miles mixed interstate and stop and go should have been plenty.

i had the same problem with mine. drove it for close to 500 miles following fords drive cycle. All of the same monitors wouldn't pass. Theres a chance the o2 sensors are turned off in the "emissions tune"; ive seen this a couple other places, so you might have to have your tuner send you a revised tune. Either that or return it to stock tune. i returned to stock and all monitors passed in 20 minutes. hopes this helps!

Johnf78

forum member
Reaction score
Seeing the heated part not complete says to me you either have a bad O2 or they forgot to turn them on in the tune. I would call your tuner and double check that they are on. I see the O/R x in your sig. Are you running non-foulers?

07Bandit

forum member
Reaction score

I have been dealing with this since 2008. Just throw the stock airbox and tune in mine and drive it like 50 miles city/highway from a cold start with a full tank of gas and it passes the first time every time. No matter who writes the tune..they never seen to be "emissions friendly" no matter what they say.

Jet45

Stang Noob
Reaction score
Finally picked the car up this evening. PermaGrin still hasn't started to fade.

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
Yay. Ford is sending me a lower honeycomb grill for the car since they ruined the factory part when they put the block heater plug through it. Scored a couple points with me there by doing that and not charging the customer for their mistake.

BleedinBlue

forum member
Reaction score
i had the same problem with mine. drove it for close to 500 miles following fords drive cycle. All of the same monitors wouldn't pass. Theres a chance the o2 sensors are turned off in the "emissions tune"; ive seen this a couple other places, so you might have to have your tuner send you a revised tune. Either that or return it to stock tune. i returned to stock and all monitors passed in 20 minutes. hopes this helps!

Seeing the heated part not complete says to me you either have a bad O2 or they forgot to turn them on in the tune. I would call your tuner and double check that they are on. I see the O/R x in your sig. Are you running non-foulers?

I know the 02's were off in my original tune. I had my tuner change the tune to turn them on. That's where I'm at now. I do not believe I have non-foulers, I didn't do the install of the X though.

I have been dealing with this since 2008. Just throw the stock airbox and tune in mine and drive it like 50 miles city/highway from a cold start with a full tank of gas and it passes the first time every time. No matter who writes the tune..they never seen to be "emissions friendly" no matter what they say.

Crap. Thing is my tuner says he never has problems getting cars to pass. He's working on it trying to figure out the problem, but some cars at his shop sustained some hail damage last weekend so he's got a lot going on at the moment.

Think I could install some high flow cats and get by emissions on the stock tune? Then go back to the custom tune for the performance?

Johnf78

forum member
Reaction score
Go to advance and buy 2 packs of 18mm spark plug non-foulers with gaskets. Stack 2 per O2 Sensor. It will take the O2 out of the stream and "fake it" my buddies 13 passed And my 06 is ready. Just make sure your tuner has them turned on.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back