What have you done to your mustang today?

07 Boss

Reaction score
Ran into a big ol' rock that quite didn't fit under my car. Hit it at at least 40-45 mph. Bounced around pretty long and hard. My splash pan is now hanging lower than it was and it is scraping everywhere. I can't even get my foot between it and the road. Gonna have to pull the front bumper and rig something up or replace parts.

Kuplex

Software Developer
Reaction score
Replaced my shaker 500 head unit with a JVC unit. Should have done that when I replaced the speakers two years ago.

Bill220

forum member
Reaction score
Friday - Ordered a Paxton blower kit from Brenspeed with an Aeroforce gauge (with boost option), and a new SCT device. Ordered a gauge pillar from Alan at Speed of Sound, too.
Today - Relocation brackets from BMR.
Gonna be a busy winter :)

travelers

Reaction score
Added LED lights to the hood scoop today. Still got a bit more to finish off yet. It is very hard to photograph, camera doesn't like the reflection. It comes on when you open the doors.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Looks good

travelers

Reaction score
Picked my car up from the body shop last night and put it in storage just in time to miss this morning crappy weather.

Cammed 05

Always happy
Reaction score
db9f7a30dd3e5b0cda68092f85188890.jpg

Frpp lifter kit, frpp timing kit, and gt500 oil pump. Thanks to Steve at tasca!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NUTCASE

forum member
Reaction score
If thats a 100k mile motor IMO thats normal and he did normal oil changes. I have pulled apart 70k mile motors that were all black on the inside. I have also pulled apart a 120K mile motor that you had to scoop the oil out with a spoon.

07 Boss

Reaction score
If thats a 100k mile motor IMO thats normal and he did normal oil changes. I have pulled apart 70k mile motors that were all black on the inside. I have also pulled apart a 120K mile motor that you had to scoop the oil out with a spoon.

Oh me too. I was just wondering about the particular color of the staining. I've never come across this orangish type of hue except in my motor also. My motor is exactly the same way and has been that way forever. I was wondering if he was using the same oil as me. Here is the same kind of orange in my motor.

Here is 5-6 years ago when I swapped cams.

And here is a recent one.

The color is actually quite unique, and I must admit, a little bit alarming when I first saw it. It is very similar to the look of baked on varnished oil but it doesn't quite have that sheen to it. And I can never remember any time the motor had gotten that hot where I think that type of varnishing could happen.

It's just weird to me and was looking for a simple answer like a particular oil or oil additive.

captdistraction

Corner Carver
Reaction score
The m6009a50naa gen2 shortblock. Rest is a mix of new boss 302 and cobrajet stuff for a gen1 car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

NUTCASE

forum member
Reaction score
Oh me too. I was just wondering about the particular color of the staining. I've never come across this orangish type of hue except in my motor also. My motor is exactly the same way and has been that way forever. I was wondering if he was using the same oil as me. Here is the same kind of orange in my motor.

Here is 5-6 years ago when I swapped cams.

And here is a recent one.

The color is actually quite unique, and I must admit, a little bit alarming when I first saw it. It is very similar to the look of baked on varnished oil but it doesn't quite have that sheen to it. And I can never remember any time the motor had gotten that hot where I think that type of varnishing could happen.

It's just weird to me and was looking for a simple answer like a particular oil or oil additive.

I have 103K and I have owned the car since it had 36K. The grand majority of the oil changes were wal mart oil and wal mart filters because I always assumed I would burn a piston with nitrous before poor quality oil could hurt me. Just recently I started using Mobil 1 high mileage to see if I could slow down filling my catch can.

basically all that and my motor is a shade or two lighter than yours.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Today I turned over 20K miles. Bought the car new in June 2014. To reward my car I pulled out my cheapo electric pressure washer and knocked the layer of dust off the exterior. That left some major water spots but it still looks better (somewhat).

tightwhite08

Reaction score
Replaced my shaker 500 head unit with a JVC unit. Should have done that when I replaced the speakers two years ago.

What JVC unit did you go with I'm looking to do the same but nothing has really jumped out to me so far.

bujeezus

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks man. Yup, running 275/40 on all 4 corners. I think they turned out great. Wasn't really sure at first about gettin rid of the original Bullitt rims but these kinda "modernized" it. You can't really tell in the pic but they are pretty concave which looks really nice compared to the stockers. Really fills up the fender wells and still a good bit of sidewall height. I don't care for the "rubber band" look on 30 or 35 series tires.

Strengthrehab

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks man. Yup, running 275/40 on all 4 corners. I think they turned out great. Wasn't really sure at first about gettin rid of the original Bullitt rims but these kinda "modernized" it. You can't really tell in the pic but they are pretty concave which looks really nice compared to the stockers. Really fills up the fender wells and still a good bit of sidewall height. I don't care for the "rubber band" look on 30 or 35 series tires.
Perfect looking. I agree on the sidewall. I will be on 275/40/18's

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back