What have you done to your mustang today?

Candy10

forum member
Reaction score
Day bought car… vs today
ccf0511b15c819f84af03bdf880c2d56.jpg

ac81994f9ef30e626c54b52103ff64be.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is that the Cervinis one piece valance/splitter, or the separate BOSS pieces? Looks good, been wanting to make that swap for a long time

GriffX

Reaction score
Tensioner, and old belt are less than two years old. Just changed it because radiator sprung a leak and coolant contaminated it. I’ll be switching again to a 2” shorter belt when I add the smaller s/c pulley, and clean all the pulleys/idlers again. We’ll see

I had a bad idler pulley bearing with a chirping sound, then replaced all bearings and found a 2nd bad one at the tensioner. Just replaced the bearings, below 20$ for all.

FYI: I used a Conti Elite cogged belt for my small Mercedes supercharger and it was eaten up in record time. I guess the contact surface to the pulley is smaller.

Last edited:

XJCasper

forum member
Reaction score
What I have been doing for my Mustang though June and July.

Binge watching YouTube to determine what I want to get done next.

Shopping for the best price of parts online.

With a hip replacement, that's all I can do

Current debate: finish the gauges and steering wheel. Or cams...

XJCasper

forum member
Reaction score
Thank you

Which strut bar is that?
Gotta pick out springs. Debating wasting money on the strut bat or not right now.

Thinking I will be going with the FRPP intake manifold down the way. Looks like the bar you have will clear.

GlassTop09

Reaction score
Removed my hood's deflector shield, & rubber brace blocks, also removed rear window louver to take car in 1st thing in AM to get some paint repair done around the glass roof, hood leading edge, front bumper where the NM sun & bad NM roads has wrought their fury on the clear coat & in some places the base color underneath the clear coat along w\ some rock chipping (removed these parts out of the way for body shop to make repairs).

While in the shop, gonna see if the weatherstripping around the glass roof can be repaired\replaced w\o having to replace the entire glass roof glass (sun has started deteriorating it.......was told by local Ford dealership some time back that this weatherstripping was part of the glass, but looking at it, it looks like this is separate replaceable item), so this could get very interesting before its said & done (that glass is approx $4,000.00 & has been on backorder thru Ford for quite some time....last time I checked in 2020 there was 20 of them in the back order query.......Ford is the only supplier of this part.....ouch!).

She was a NM car all her life since rolling out the Dearborn, MI plant back in 2009 (shipped\sold in Albuquerque, in Portales for some 8 yrs, got repossessed by bank & used car dealer picked her up & tried to sell her for over 1 yr w\o success--youngun's\folks these days don't like driving manuals--until I showed up w\ a bag in 2017) & wasn't kept under a carport, garage or a car cover the entire time thus the damage incurred.

She's gonna be getting a car cover after all this is done....................hindsight shoulda already had this......too lazy to do the frequent on\off prior but after this bill that won't be an issue going forward.

JC SSP

Reaction score
Yes Boss 302 style. Great to know that does fit over the intake cover. Thx for posting the info.

Dino Dino Bambino

I have a red car
Reaction score
IMG_20230725_185341.jpg

I found a simple and effective cure for the notorious hood flutter on 05-09 Mustangs by sticking some 1" thick foam on the inside of the hood with double sided tape behind the leading edge. Now when I close the hood, the gap that was big enough to stick my fingers into (except for a small section for getting to the hood latch) between the hood and the front slam panel is completely sealed.
Another factory flaw gone!

GriffX

Reaction score
Some remarks, I tried this on the right side of the hood, I have a FR CAI so cannot block the air on the left, with no big effect. I guess you modified the undertray, I (MJ 07) even do not have the middle part to the K-support and you installed the hood struts. I think the combination of all three does it?
Ford saved money, my Mercedes has 3 latches for the hood.

Dino Dino Bambino

I have a red car
Reaction score
Some remarks, I tried this on the right side of the hood, I have a FR CAI so cannot block the air on the left, with no big effect. I guess you modified the undertray, I (MJ 07) even do not have the middle part to the K-support and you installed the hood struts. I think the combination of all three does it?
Ford saved money, my Mercedes has 3 latches for the hood.

Yes, Ford did cut some corners on smaller details that would have made the car better. I added Redline hood struts, CPC radiator cover extensions, a Silverhorse Racing trunk release switch, a 2010 Mustang engine splash shield, and DIY front undertray extensions. Note that I cut a small hole in the passenger side radiator cover extension in order to retain the stock hood prop in case the hoot struts go bad.

Engine.jpg
Front Underbody.jpg

Next to go on will be a Ford Racing A-arm brace (standard fitment on 05-09 V6/GT convertibles & 07-09 GT500 but not on 05-09 V6/GT coupes so mine doesn't have one), and a DIY undertray to fill the trapezoidal void (with a cutout for the oil pan) inside the K member.

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score
Yes, Ford did cut some corners on smaller details that would have made the car better. I added Redline hood struts, CPC radiator cover extensions, a Silverhorse Racing trunk release switch, a 2010 Mustang engine splash shield, and DIY front undertray extensions. Note that I cut a small hole in the passenger side radiator cover extension in order to retain the stock hood prop in case the hoot struts go bad.

View attachment 88473
View attachment 88474

Next to go on will be a Ford Racing A-arm brace (standard fitment on 05-09 V6/GT convertibles & 07-09 GT500 but not on 05-09 V6/GT coupes so mine doesn't have one), and a DIY undertray to fill the trapezoidal void (with a cutout for the oil pan) inside the K member.

Where you have your lift pad on the left front is not a proper lift point. It will easily crush and bind up your k-member. This can affect alignment among other things. Lift on the frame rail or the jack points along the pinch weld of the rocker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back