Wheel & Tire Fitment

Mark Zilio

Reaction score
Newbie to this Forum so if this has been posted in the past I sincerely apologize. I own a 13' Boss with a few suspension mods that have dropped my ride height approximately 1.25". I purchased a set of Forgestar F14s. 10" +42 for the rear. I really want a deep concave on all four corners so I went 9.5" +29 for the front. Has anyone run the +29 with a 265-40-19 upfront. I know a lot of guys run the 9" upfront but in the Forgestar but that's semi-concave (+35). Any feedback or pics would be greatly appreciated if your running the 9.5" THANK YOU

larry Stark

Reaction score
You've moved your front rims outboard about 1/2", are running 265 vs 245 tires and have lowered car 1.25". Good chance you are going to have interference with fender unless you add camber plates and 2 degrees of camber.

Mark Zilio

Reaction score
Running 285-35-19 on 4 corners Forgestar 19x10 +42 o.s. with no issues. Had to run a 5mm spacer in the front to clear Brembos. Also running BMR lowering springs. Good fitment

20210723_152623.jpg

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I run SVE R357's 19x10/11. I run a 265/40 on the front. Its a 28" tall tire and im lowered 1.5 inches all the way around.

Front specs are
Backspace: 6.88"
Offset: +35mm

Frankief28

Reaction score
Random question what mods would you guys recommend to beat 392s? I just got a 2012 GT want to mod it right

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
392's are slow. But mods, a good tune and tire. CAI, pointless. The rest depends on budget and future goals.

Frankief28

Reaction score
What tires do you recommend so far I have mich. sport in the rear 285/35/19 with nittos in the front 255/45/19

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Reaction score
What tires do you recommend so far I have mich. sport in the rear 285/35/19 with nittos in the front 255/45/19
Need more information. Wheel widths and a double-check on that front tire size, for starters. What kind of driving? Street only? Straight line? Cornering & handling?

What are you trying to accomplish here?

You do realize that you could start your own threads instead of piggy-backing on somebody else's that's already been addressed, right?

Norm

Frankief28

Reaction score
Yeah I’m hoping that’s the problem and no front is 255/40/19 type o anybody know good throttle body that isn’t going to cause my car to stall or have issues I’ve heard horror stories. I had bbk one for my 3v and it sucked

Frankief28

Reaction score
Sorry I didn’t know that about the threads and mainly street it I’m on the garden state I open her up since it’s only Highway that doesn’t have lot holes and speed limit is 65 which means 100 and just trying to squeeze more power out of my n/a gen 1 coyote. When I had it dynoed best run I had was 418 to the wheels wasn’t bad for a auto. I have long tubes x pipe jlt intake aluminum driveshaft 3.73 gears and manifold so far for mods

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah I’m hoping that’s the problem and no front is 255/40/19 type o anybody know good throttle body that isn’t going to cause my car to stall or have issues I’ve heard horror stories. I had bbk one for my 3v and it sucked
Yeah, get the FRPP real deal twin 62mm TB.

Frankief28

Reaction score
So which TB is the best then? Also update finally found why it was vibrating so much after careful inspection by my mechanic they found metal shavings where driveshaft meets the rear end aa of what weights are off so in process of getting another driveshaft from same company since they sold me a defective product I had it for less then a year

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Stock TB, no need to spend the money on what works best. A cj intake is the only time youd need a new tb.

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
So which TB is the best then? Also update finally found why it was vibrating so much after careful inspection by my mechanic they found metal shavings where driveshaft meets the rear end aa of what weights are off so in process of getting another driveshaft from same company since they sold me a defective product I had it for less then a year

Ford racing performance parts (FRPP) twin 62mm throttle body... polished aluminum. The reason the BBK twin 62mm TB is cheaper is... it re-uses most of the internal parts, springs etc, from your existing oem twin 55mm tb.

The drive shaft shop (DSS) aluminunm one piece driveshaft use a universal joint at the front end..and a constant velocity joint ( CV joint) at the back end. They are rated for 1000 hp, and are balanced to > 9000 rpm. They are basically plug and play bomb proof units.

Frankief28

Reaction score
Ford racing performance parts (FRPP) twin 62mm throttle body... polished aluminum. The reason the BBK twin 62mm TB is cheaper is... it re-uses most of the internal parts, springs etc, from your existing oem twin 55mm tb.

The drive shaft shop (DSS) aluminunm one piece driveshaft use a universal joint at the front end..and a constant velocity joint ( CV joint) at the back end. They are rated for 1000 hp, and are balanced to > 9000 rpm. They are basically plug and play bomb proof units.
It was a one piece drive shaft that’s the crazy part I duno maybe I just got a bad one but waiting for them to send me a New One to get this issue fixed

Frankief28

Reaction score
Also I have 285/19/35 on my rear when I bought the Michelin tires they were used but still had good amount of meat left on them 400 for both not bad deal my issue is I realize that when I still hit it at high Rpms from a dig I still fish tail a little bit do I need fatter tires or just brand new Michelin’s? I have a inch rim so I think the biggest I can go is 295

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back