Where have all the loud blowers gone?

2L8IWON

forum member
Reaction score
Back in the day I had a Procharger on my 00 GT and it was a loud sick bitch. Every Vortech I've had sounded like a tea kettle about to explode. From what I have read lately there seems to be a move afoot to make each blower (centeri) quieter. What blower sounds bad ass and isn't affraid to make its presence known?

SilentScope

Chemist by profession
Reaction score
The TVS's are pretty loud but the prochargers take the cake... they sound like jets...

The thing with vortech etc, they want to target the average driver who doesn't like a super loud whine and just looking for a mild performance upgrade, unlike the enthusiasts...

2L8IWON

forum member
Reaction score
I imagine the D1 is louder than the P1? I'd love to hear a procharger with Hot Rod cams.

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Reaction score
Saleen SuperShaker is wicked loud. My Vortech V2 is an SQ (super quiet) model. My car is quite the sleeper so I wanted a quiet blower.

SilentScope

Chemist by profession
Reaction score
Your on the right track with the Eatons... but the TVS blowers are indeed very quite.

ah. yea if (when) i get a blower, i want that thing to be loud as fuck and have a BOV that sounds like a jet. no jk, but i love the whine.

The Whine is the first thing you get tired of when you buy a supercharger, and its the first thing you miss when you sell it.

Dave

forum member
Reaction score
Saleen SuperShaker is wicked loud. My Vortech V2 is an SQ (super quiet) model. My car is quite the sleeper so I wanted a quiet blower.

Dude all you goota do is get trade your v6 buddy hoods and you'll have the ultimate sleeper!

AJ

US Muscle, AUS Hustle....
Reaction score
you my friend need to hear a procharger rockin a red race valve lmao

Hatchman

Stangless
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
My KB has a whine at idle. It sounds more like an electric motor whine than a jet whistle, but can't really here it when driving around. Strange as most KB's are quiet. Then again, KB also sent me the loudest intercooler water pump on the planet.

Maverick

Bad Pony
Reaction score
I know the procharger is the loudest centri s/c out there, the loudest Twin screw I've heard was the Magnuson! that thing screams louder than my whipple.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
I agree I want to hear that whine, Don't know why people interested in power don't like it. I hope to get a procharger one day :) or maybe even a turbo for that jet sound, turbo's would be louder than a procharger right?

Mylilpony

forum member
Reaction score
the prochargers are sick IMO. There is nothing like flooring it and letting off the gas next to some doosh in a rice rocket- the look on peoples face is priceless. I cant imagine what the red race BOV would do... I like it as is.

There is nothing sleeper about the procharger though, so i guess its both good and bad.

Back