Where have all the loud blowers gone?

KungFuHamster

forum member
Reaction score
I remember all the looks I got with my old P1 SC, I loved it. Back in the day my 00 GT made close to 400 rwhp, that was insane for the time period
hell yeah...my 01 S-trim car made ~430 and we all thought that was the shit. hell, now that i think about it i only knew of maybe 2 other 2Vs at the time (02-04-ish) that had aftermarket cams...i went with the SHM cams cause there were no other on the market at the time.

back on topic...i ordered a V2-SQ back in the day hoping for a sleeper...it wasnt. theyve improved it though...theyre super quiet now.
now i sure wouldnt mind something that has a nice whistle but doesnt hurt your ears like my buddy when he pulled up in his R-trim (remember those??)

i cant decide if id prefer the whistle at low speeds of centrifugal or the whine under WOT of a PD as far as sound is concerned.

GrnBullitt08

Dale Jr
Reaction score
Prochargers are hands down some of the loudest blowers i've heard. I need to get a video clip of the M4 Prochargers on our speed boat. They are wicked loud.

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Reaction score
Dude all you goota do is get trade your v6 buddy hoods and you'll have the ultimate sleeper!

My friend with the V6 that traded his V6 stuff for my GT stuff put a Roush hoodscoop on his hood, so I can't swap his hood. Plus, I need the cold air from my functional hood scoop to keep underhood temps down a bit.

Dave

forum member
Reaction score
My friend with the V6 that traded his V6 stuff for my GT stuff put a Roush hoodscoop on his hood, so I can't swap his hood. Plus, I need the cold air from my functional hood scoop to keep underhood temps down a bit.

Yeah the car looks great anyway, and sleeper enough! So when's the next good show on your side of the mountains?

Kankakee

I dunno.
Reaction score
You can come listen to my Procharger set up. I get told all the time they can hear me 4-5 cars back in traffic. People breaking their necks to figure out WTF the noise is.

2L8IWON

forum member
Reaction score
You can come listen to my Procharger set up. I get told all the time they can hear me 4-5 cars back in traffic. People breaking their necks to figure out WTF the noise is.

I'd like to Check it out when I get back in town. You have a D1 right?

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Reaction score
Yeah the car looks great anyway, and sleeper enough! So when's the next good show on your side of the mountains?

Mid June at Bellevue Community College is the big Mustang Roundup. The Sunday people's choice show typically has 1400+ Mustangs in the show!

07torchgt

^MY NAME; THINGS I SAY>
Reaction score
What's generally louder, the D1 or P1?

the D1... ive had both before the Mammoth I have now... I had a D1 with the big red race bypass and the damned thing sounded like a street sweeper driving around

the mammoth makes a slight whistle at idle that you can't hear while driving but you all know how a kenne bell sounds at WOT lol

Last edited:

Shades

Reaction score
the D1... ive had both before the Mammoth I have now... I had a D1 with the big red race bypass and the damned thing sounded like a street sweeper driving around

the mammoth makes a slight whistle at idle that you can't hear while driving but you all know how a kenne bell sounds at WOT lol

Kenne bell WOT :beer:

Now by louder are we talking about the whistling noise or the sound of the BOV when you jump off the gas

07torchgt

^MY NAME; THINGS I SAY>
Reaction score
Kenne bell WOT :beer:

Now by louder are we talking about the whistling noise or the sound of the BOV when you jump off the gas

both the idle whine and the bypass "whoosh" but the off the gas "whoosh" will depend on boost level and the type of bypass

Twinscrewgt

Bad Smurf
Reaction score
For me it was when i'd pull up next to someone. With my cams, exhaust and that v1 it always sounded like something bad was going to happen to someone lol. Everyone would as is that an F1? lol To bad that blower made shit for power haha

Back