Who makes the higher quality cowl hood.

MrBottleneck

forum member
Reaction score
Although my 06 GT is like new with 18,447 miles I noticed today I have the typical corrosion (very small amount) on the underside front lip of the hood. It actually caused a very small piece of paint to come off the lip. So, rather then refinishing the hood I thought I would go with either a 2" or 3" cowl hood.
I was checking out the hoods here:
https://www.stage3motorsports.com/2005-2009-Mustang-GT-Hoods.html
I like the Steeda and the Tru Fiber but, also noticed the Cervinis.
Anyone one have any first hand knowledge of these three brand hoods. All are roughly the same price $500-600.
Which one is of a higher quality?

Thanks guys :)

Last edited:

07 Boss

Reaction score
I've used other Cervinis parts and found them of great quality.

As a matter of fact I have been thinking about a new hood and I was going to do the Eleanor style cowl hood because it would go well with my side scoops. I think Cervinis calls it the C-series hood.

MrBottleneck

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks, for the replies.
I belive its the Steeda that has the aluminum reinforced latch area if I am correct?
Any chance of some pictures of the undersides of your fellas hoods?

dark steed

Resident noob
Reaction score
I had the Cervinis 4” cowl and fit and quality were top notch!
But do yourself a favor, unless you need the clearance, 4” is too tall for normal street driving. I think someone made a 2.5” (Steeda?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

k_aimone

forum member
Reaction score
I have the Cervinis and my only complaint is that it is bowing where the hood struts mount.
they have been on the car for about 4 yrs now and after about a year I noticed it starting to bow. But if I did not go with the hood struts I would have zero complaints.

swflastang05

Back for More
Reaction score
I have the 4" Cervini's, it looks and fits great, the only complaint I have is that it's very HEAVY. If you don't care about weight it's a great hood IMO.

MrBottleneck

forum member
Reaction score
Still trying to decide. I am leaning towards the Cervini Cobra R or the Steeda.
One thing I see every maker saying is you need to use hood pins (or similair). Why so many dont use them when recommended is odd though.
I also think I have decided on one of these two hood pin set ups as personally I am not a fan of the old style cable pin setup.
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-aerocat...-series-hood-pins-non-locking/e74nonlock~rel/
OR
https://www.quik-latch.com/QL-38-Series-Hood-Pins.html
Anyhow, I appreciate everyone chiming in. :)

Stevejr

Reaction score
20181124_205057.jpg I know it wasnt one of the options you listed. But I have a VIS Racing carbon fiber hood. Its lightweight and heat removing. They are costly but I love it.

Last edited:

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Still trying to decide. I am leaning towards the Cervini Cobra R or the Steeda.
One thing I see every maker saying is you need to use hood pins (or similair). Why so many dont use them when recommended is odd though.
I also think I have decided on one of these two hood pin set ups as personally I am not a fan of the old style cable pin setup.
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-aerocat...-series-hood-pins-non-locking/e74nonlock~rel/
OR
https://www.quik-latch.com/QL-38-Series-Hood-Pins.html
Anyhow, I appreciate everyone chiming in. :)
This is the Steeda race hood with AeroCatch latches.

MrBottleneck

forum member
Reaction score
This is the Steeda race hood with AeroCatch latches.

Ah that looks good. Is that your car?
If so, how reluctant where you to go chopping on your new hood to put the Aero latches in?
Kinda a one shot deal as you get one try to get them right.
Did you mount the pins where the rubber adjusters are?
Can you provide any pics from the underside of the hood where latches are placed.

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yes. this is my car. I wasn't reluctant at all. I had the Drake hood pin kit already installed, just got tired of the cords, so I used the mounting tabs from that to mount my latches. The car is in storage now, So I can't give you any underside pics. The Steeda hood and I guess any glass cowl hood is two pieces in the area I mounted mine, so the latches are mounted just to the top of the hood and the underside us open. One thing about the Steeda hood is it is reinforced in the main latch area and I still use my stock latch with this hood. The AeroCatch latches are just for extra protection.

MrBottleneck

forum member
Reaction score
Ok thanks Earl.
I think I am gonna go the same route as you.
Love the look.

Thanks,
Mike

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back