Will I be OK? (Fuel pump related)

Captainstr8edge

Hardcore Superhero
Reaction score
So my stock fuel pump shit the bed. Figured I would git a bit of an upgrade since the stocker was at a duty cycle of 49. I went with the S&H stage 1 with the Walbro 405 in the modified stock GT hat. Long story short, the car is at my rents house, the tuner is in the car and my tunes are in my computer at home. Will I be OK to drive my car without the updated tune to get it home? Its about a 56 mile drive 99% highway driving.

I did send a PM to Jeremy, just figured I would ask here too.

AnotherS197GT

Serial Valve Dropper
Reaction score
If the computer is commanding x amount of fuel from what it thinks is a stock pump, I would think it would be commanding the same percentage from the 405. The 405 would pump out more fuel for the commanded voltage, ending up with you running super stupidly rich. Can your tuner email you a copy of your tune? Do you have the tune saved in your email?

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
I wouldn't try it.

I sometimes feared I'd run into a situation like this so I keep a backup file of toons on a USB thumbdrive in my car.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
You should be fine. Just take it easy. The computer will relearn on the fly. The tune gives reference values and assigns limits for the amount of adaptive that can be applied. The frps controls pressure via feedback.

Start it up, let it idle, drive easy. If it doesn't seem right then stop.

Captainstr8edge

Hardcore Superhero
Reaction score
Thats kinda what I figured. My theory was the it would adjust since thats what the o2 sensors are for. So as long as I stay out of WOT i should be ok. I got pretty much the same response for Jeremy.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back