Wire Tuck Thread

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
Haha, I'm reinvigorated to do that ABS relocate he did. Paul, nothing special needed for that? Just straighten out the piping and reroute?

nope, i used my vice to straighten all the factory lines. then used my craftsman bender and bent them the way they needed to be bent, just had to test fit to see which line would work the best in each location. i did re-bend and weld the factory mount to the frame, i cant remember if i added any more metal to it but shouldnt be to hard to figure it out. factory harness was long enough to reach.

LAStang1234

----------DSL----------
Reaction score
nope, i used my vice to straighten all the factory lines. then used my craftsman bender and bent them the way they needed to be bent, just had to test fit to see which line would work the best in each location. i did re-bend and weld the factory mount to the frame, i cant remember if i added any more metal to it but shouldnt be to hard to figure it out. factory harness was long enough to reach.

Sweet, I'll knock that out when I get back from deployment. I looked at it again and MAN, that will clear up a lot of space up top. Can't wait!

06gtmustang

forum member
Reaction score
Since my car is mostly race only i decided to ditch the abs/brake booster and power steering. Really cleaned up the bay on the right side and lost some more weight to make up for the 4r70w i'm about to install soon. Sorry for the bad picture quality but it gives you guys a better idea how your engine bays will look without them if you are that hardcore
currentenginepic_zps43174529.jpg

Last edited:

Scott

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Took a few minutes to reroute the driver's side cowl cable from above the brake booster to underneath it. Thanks for the idea one eyed willy and LASTang1234! Made room for a distribution Y-Block for my return style fuel system install in the process.

Before:

After:

Y-Block mocked up:

Dark_horse

forum member
Reaction score
how many feet of each wire gauge do you think is necessary? I am getting ready to start this project on my car.

richman

WTF!!! AGAIN AMERICA?
Reaction score

2 hours into my tuck and then I think to myself, "only 38 more hours to go!" Fml

richman

WTF!!! AGAIN AMERICA?
Reaction score
^ thanks..it's not only the tuck, but cleaning years of engine crap off everything as well.

onehotpny

forum member
Reaction score
yep, how well I know. the tuck takes time to do,labeling all the wires is time consuming,only thing i didn't do is relocate the smart junction box. might do that at a later date.
^ thanks..it's not only the tuck, but cleaning years of engine crap off everything as well.

richman

WTF!!! AGAIN AMERICA?
Reaction score
^ yeah I'm relocating everything I can at one time..converting coolant system to 07+, battery to trunk, and just making room for the inevitable r spec and 3.4 whipple

richman

WTF!!! AGAIN AMERICA?
Reaction score

By the way!!! Fuck the 05-06 coolant hose assembly..what a pita it was!!!

richman

WTF!!! AGAIN AMERICA?
Reaction score
Well got these from Fed Ex today...must resist..buying...rest...of...build.......staying focused on wire tuck.....hah.

richman

WTF!!! AGAIN AMERICA?
Reaction score
I still have a s**t ton of work left but...small victories are important! !!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back