Wire Tuck Thread

LAStang1234

----------DSL----------
Reaction score
You had me at "Hello" Willy! Soon as I get done eating, I'ma check those out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
d7a306ad.jpg
[/URL]

picture might help explain it better. you can see at the bottom the existing harness that usually goes up and over the brake booster. i made a hole and brought it directly into the cowl and got rid of the section above the brake booster.

LAStang1234

----------DSL----------
Reaction score
Ahh ok, I went out there and checked what needed to be done. Should knock that out this weekend depending on my schedule. Drag racing > Sexy tuck

LAStang1234

----------DSL----------
Reaction score
Done! I tucked it under the brake booster. Figures that was simpler and still does the job.

a9a5e7yn.jpg

Scott

S197 Team Member
Reaction score

LAStang1234

----------DSL----------
Reaction score

Thanks Paul! Wouldn't of even thought about it if it weren't for you.

That looks excellent John! Very nice job on the final product!

Thanks man! :beerchug2:

Agreed, nice John. I have not looked at mine yet, but I am guessing you just rerouted the cable and it was not necessary to extend any of the wires?

Thanks Scott! Nope, not at all. Just took them off from the firewall and simply moved it under the Booster. I disconnected the connector on the brake fluid reservoir and the vacuum hose going into the booster to let me slide it all the way down and zip tied it to the AC line so it doesn't touch the valve covers and stays up against the firewall.

MTV

More Than a Vision? Lol

blacks197

Reaction score
Lol. Don't leave your phone laying around with a one year old and autocorrect. Looking at this thread San walked away for 2 sec

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I like moving that harness under the booster. Need to check that our, although I have other wires in that loom from other stuff...need to see if they're long enough.

wildbillcody

forum member
Reaction score
Has anybody got a write up on relocating the abs system outside the engine bay im in the middle of a wire tuck at the moment and wanna move it

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
Has anybody got a write up on relocating the abs system outside the engine bay im in the middle of a wire tuck at the moment and wanna move it

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=105305&highlight=chapter

not really a write up. I was able to re-bend all the factory lines to make it work. i just labeled the ABS unit before removing any of the lines, removed all the lines and straightened them all out, then used the ones that fit in the best location. they were all pretty tight, the only one that didnt really make it was the passenger side front so had to get creative for routing it over in the front above the bumper support.

i am ryan

forum member
Reaction score

not really a write up. I was able to re-bend all the factory lines to make it work. i just labeled the ABS unit before removing any of the lines, removed all the lines and straightened them all out, then used the ones that fit in the best location. they were all pretty tight, the only one that didnt really make it was the passenger side front so had to get creative for routing it over in the front above the bumper support.

Wish you hadn't posted that link to page 1. Now I'm re-reading the whole build again. I had planned on taking a nap, but I guess that's out now!

LAStang1234

----------DSL----------
Reaction score

Wish you hadn't posted that link to page 1. Now I'm re-reading the whole build again. I had planned on taking a nap, but I guess that's out now!

Haha, I'm reinvigorated to do that ABS relocate he did. Paul, nothing special needed for that? Just straighten out the piping and reroute?

Back