WTB: '06 V8 ECU/engine harness w/automatic

Natural1

all around duguder
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
WTB: '06 V8 automatic ECU/engine harness

I need an '06 ECU and Engine harness for the 4.6L/5R55S. It needs to be an '06. Let me know what ya got. If the price is right, the deal is real.

Thanks!

Last edited:

bigwilly43729

I do stupid shit, a lot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I've got a harness for an AT, but I don't know if it's exactly for an 06. I was going to use it for a project, but I'm coming off that.

PM if you are interested.

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
FYI, we talked last night, and he really needs a '06 or '05 harness for the automatic, along with a ECU. I have a '07 harness, and it has different connections/pinouts to the ecu connectors; a diagram showing the differences and what needs to be changed to make the harness compatible with a '06 would be helpful as well, if someone has one.

I'd suggest, bigwilly, getting the part number off the harness and go from there. Hopefully it's an '06 and he'll be set.

Natural1

all around duguder
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks Mike, I was just going to ask if there was a part number on his harness. If so, I can have the local "stealership" run that and tell me what he's got.

If you have a part number, that would be great as well.

Last edited:

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
yes there is...hold on and I'll get it from the ones I have.

One harness has: 5R3T-12B637-G2818
The other has only a tag that says: K82 nothing else I could find on it.

On the connector that hooks up to the underhood fuse center, the top one has a few more wires to it vs. the bottom one.

Last edited:

Natural1

all around duguder
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You are saying that part number is for which one? Is it for the '06 or '07 harness you have?

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
The tag is on the '06 one; per the 5R3T, that should be '05/06.
Let me go look closer at them.

Lol, so I put the two harnesses side by side, comparing the connectors and wire colors.
They are the same, except:
- the power connector on the '07 harness is rectangular while the '06 one is more square (trill-gear-head had issues with that connector)
- there is an extra connector on the '06 harness for the oil temp sensor (deleted in '07)
- the 1 connector to the fuse/power block has a couple extra wires in it on the '06 and a couple in different places; but this connector looks like it would be very easy to remove wires and reposition them, very easy.
- the 2 connectors to the ecu are also easy to take apart to get to the pins, and it looks like they can be removed without too much effort, and relocated to where needed.

But where the connectors connect to, they all look the same (or close to the same) colors and all on the connectors.

But I found out as a result of comparing these 2, that the '07 harness is in much better shape than the '06 harness: the '06 harness is missing 4 connectors for the auto tranny!!! Dammit! Looks like they were simply cut off. One of them is there, but not the 3 small ones and the one big one. (I wouldn't have noticed this until putting it together, so thanks! I can steal them from my stock '05 V6 harness if I need to.)

And yes, no part number tag on the '07 harness.

Last edited:

Natural1

all around duguder
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
5R3T-12B637-G2818

Manufactured by Ford for a 4.6L/5R55S up to Feb. 2005 based on those numbers.

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
Heck that sounds more like a '05 harness then. Perfect (for me, that is)! (well, almost; see me edited comments, col [cry out out]).

Natural1

all around duguder
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Mike, I appreciate your leg work. This information should be able to help identify the harness I need.

I've got a harness for an AT, but I don't know if it's exactly for an 06. I was going to use it for a project, but I'm coming off that.

PM if you are interested.

Lol, so I put the two harnesses side by side, comparing the connectors and wire colors.
They are the same, except:
- the power connector on the '07 harness is rectangular while the '06 one is more square (trill-gear-head had issues with that connector)
- there is an extra connector on the '06 harness for the oil temp sensor (deleted in '07)

bigwilly43729 - Based on the information Mike has provided, can you identify your harness as an '05/'06

Last edited:

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
No problem. Besides, you just helped me out (by comparing the 2 harnesses, found out the one I'm going to use is missing some connectors! It would have been worse putting it on the engine, and then seeing the cut wires and saying, WTMFH!)

You know what, let me get a pic of the power connectors where I said they are different, that may help, too. Or help someone else identify a harness.

Natural1

all around duguder
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
They are on Trill's swap thread as well.. If these are the correct ones.
http://s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24125

Are these the ones you are talking about (last 2)? Do they look like this or is the first one V6 specific. I ask about the first photo, because you said something about the connector being "rectangular." The last two are off of the V8.

224af787fac7ffc.jpg

V6 Engine Harness

224af787ea64589.jpg

V8 Engine Harness

224af787e9eece0.jpg

V8 Engine Harness(profile view)

Last edited:

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
Yup, similar. The one on the left side by my thumb, with the red insert, is the '05, right one being pointed to with index finger with the white connector inside is '07.

05vs07harness-2.jpg

Natural1

all around duguder
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Good deal! Thanks Mike!

The one I need is Ford part number 6R3Z-12A581-DA

Last edited:

danbev07

Road Course Junkie
Reaction score
From experience when figuring out the wiring using an '06 harness on an '05 chassis:

the '06 Harness has different Radio Interference Capactiors - if your harness comes with them already attatched, there's no replacement involved. The '05 capacitors have a different connector.

The '06 harness also has a different connector for the oil temp sender (side of oil pan). I had to cut and replace mine with the '05 connector.

The connector discussed above in the previous post must also be replaced. I have the wiring diagrams should you need them for that specific connector of both years.

So far, these were the only issues I've run into. Apparently the two red wires running into the connector discussed in the previous post control injector and coil-over-plug shutoff for ignition shutoff. Someone had PM'd me explaining that if you wire them backward, the car may not shut off without the assist of removing a fuel pump fuse... I was able to test these wires to make sure they were correctly pinned using a simple continuity test across several injectors/coil-over-plugs.

Nobody's suggested it but check out car-part.com. Sometimes they have some good things available.

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
Hint...you have one on your stock harness ;) ;) ;)
(but since I'm looking for the tranny connectors now, let's see if we can find that one for you, too)

bigwilly43729

I do stupid shit, a lot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yup, similar. The one on the left side by my thumb, with the red insert, is the '05, right one being pointed to with index finger with the white connector inside is '07.

05vs07harness-2.jpg

Natural, I looked at mine and I have the connector with the white in the middle, so I don't think I can help you out. Sorry.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
I have a harness and ecu from my 05. The harness is part # 5R3T-12B637-GA G2818 dated 06/02/05 and the auto ecu is a BKT3 . I also have all the 5R55S stuff that came out of my car . Let me know if you are interested.

Last edited:

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
There you go; that'll work with your '06. There's one smaller connector that is different between '05-'06 (round instead of square); can't think of it at the top of my head.

ellerstang

sn95 3-valve swap
Reaction score
i have an 05 harness with the automatic but the transmissions part of the harness has been pulled out, i also have the ecu, for the 4.6
i have the harness to the tranny also but if u do want it, good luck putting it back together.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back