WTB: Need help locating a vehicle

Hotrodder

forum member
Reaction score
My wife and I are looking to purchase another S197 for her. We are searching for a pretty rare breed though so Ive scowered the internet and am now looking for help, hopefully.

What we want:

2005-2006 Mustang GT Convertible Manual trans in Legend Lime Metallic with black interior. Under 80K miles and under 20K$

There were 283 made, we have looked at one and missed another that sold before we could see it. There are a couple others that we have seen ads for but they either have too many miles or are too far away to consider. Assuming some have been wrecked or otherwise lost and gone, some people have no plans to sell, and some that have gone out of country, there should still be some somewhere for sale. Which is why Im asking here, in case anyone knows of something I havent found yet.

My wife and I drove 735 miles one way to Pennsylvania to see a "mint" car and it was NOT mint. It was just ok, but overpriced. And needless to say, we were pretty pissed that the seller wasn't upfront before we drove out there. So yes, we are very willing to travel for the right car but the more info we have before hand, the better.

Let me know if any of you know of something. Thanks!

Hotrodder

forum member
Reaction score
Also looking at grabber orange. And open to some other colors but they would have to be perfect for my wife to dig them. But no white, windveil, or red.

Anything out there? We have had two cars lined up and both deals have fallen through. First car was misrepresented and second was sold from under us.

Any help is appreciated.

Hotrodder

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah I know the grabber spans different years. The legend lime was only 05-06 though and initially that's all we were looking for. Color option number 2 was GO.

That link says the seller removed the listing. Thanks though!

Hotrodder

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah I've been watching there too but haven't seen a vert as of yet. Third times a charm I hope. I have a third car lined up so hopefully it works out.

First car was a disappointment compared to as described and second was sold from under us so hoping for the best this time.

Hotrodder

forum member
Reaction score
If its not a vert and not a manual v8, thanks but no thanks guys.

lindertw

forum member
Reaction score
I know you said no auto, but....

'05 GT vert (ad didn't mention miles) in Chantilly VA:
http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/ctd/4018209747.html

might want to throw a WTB message on the legend lime registry:

http://www.legendlimeregistry.com/forums/

good luck with your search!

eta if you decide a clean coupe would do, you can talk me out of my '05 LL GT, 5spd manual, black interior, w/17,xxx miles

mustang_drive_015.jpg

Last edited:

Hotrodder

forum member
Reaction score
That's a beaut! Been trolling the LLR also. No dice soo far. We will see what happens with this GO one I've got lined up now!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back