WTF is up with FRPP price increases.

thump_rrr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I made up a list last fall of all the parts I needed to complete my engine build and started buying.
I now notice that some common 3V parts have increased as much as 70%.

What has caused such drastic increases in such a short time?

M-12029-3V Coils old price $198.00 $269.88
M-6529-3V Rocker arm and lash adjuster kit $225.95 $288.97
M-6600-F46 Ford Racing High-Volume Oil Pumps $86.00 $111.97
M-6004-463V Ford Racing Camshaft Drive Kits $285.97 $479.97

Edit: I just noticed that I posted this in Tech instead of Chit Chat.
If a mod wants to move it.

Last edited:

durr4456

forum member
Reaction score
I could've sworn 6529 has been the same for a while. Could be wrong though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KatoS197

forum member
Reaction score
My guess would be since '15s are out now, they're producing 3V parts in less volume. Higher volume = lower price, and vice versa.

Just my :2cents:

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Tasca Steve posted about this. IIRC, Ford equalized the prices between the distribution channels.

1sloGT

forum member
Reaction score
I was contemplating doing cams with my blower install and that huge hike on the cam drive kit was a kick right in the junk!

thump_rrr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Tasca Steve posted about this. IIRC, Ford equalized the prices between the distribution channels.
In other words they want guys building a motor to pay the same prices as if they were to walk into a dealership parts counter and bought the parts one by one.
In that case I may just keep my stock heads instead of paying for a set of FRPP heads that will also require new COP's.
This will save me $2,000USD which is about $2,800 Canadian landed here.

05gtowner

forum member
Reaction score
Ford is really pissing me off as of late with their parts sales as well as parts availability.

Steve@Tasca

Official Vendor
Reaction score

Yes I did and I'm not Ford but it's the only scenario that makes sense.

In other words they want guys building a motor to pay the same prices as if they were to walk into a dealership parts counter and bought the parts one by one.
In that case I may just keep my stock heads instead of paying for a set of FRPP heads that will also require new COP's.
This will save me $2,000USD which is about $2,800 Canadian landed here.

Certain items FRPP carries are simply repackaged OEM parts, in many cases FRPP has to fight to get access to these due to backlash from the dealer network and depot system because the FRPP kits take sales away from them. We're actually lucky the kit didn't get dropped all together. This price increase wasn't FRPPs idea to make more money, it's the only way they could keep selling the kit.

The biggest jump was in the M-6004-463V kit, it was previously an insane bargain, great deal for you guys but seriously underpriced.

One cam phaser is $214.00 from me at employe pricing they retail for $324 each, the complete timing set is now $426.80 so you're basically buying two phasers and getting the chains, guides, tensioners and everything else in the kit for free.

No way can you put the kit together for the same or less than the FRPP kit even at the new higher price.

-Steve

Steve@Tasca

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Ford is really pissing me off as of late with their parts sales as well as parts availability.

I deal with six brands besides Ford, be glad you aren't trying to build something else because Ford has pretty much the best parts availability and depot system in the business.

Seriously, they do. You'd be amazed at how some of the other brands operate.

-Steve

05gtowner

forum member
Reaction score
Still waiting on those flywheel bolts and pressure plate bolts I ordered on the 17th. LOL It is okay I ended up just going with some from a local speed shop.

Steve@Tasca

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Still waiting on those flywheel bolts and pressure plate bolts I ordered on the 17th. LOL It is okay I ended up just going with some from a local speed shop.

Order number? PM me. I'm getting ready to strangle someone. :angry1:

-Steve

05gtowner

forum member
Reaction score
order 565059. I just got the email that the pre-shipment info was sent to usps yesterday.

Steve@Tasca

Official Vendor
Reaction score
order 565059. I just got the email that the pre-shipment info was sent to usps yesterday.

Really sorry about the delay, biggest struggle we have right now is consistency. We have none. We're working hard at improving things but it's been a slow process.

-Steve

05gtowner

forum member
Reaction score
No worries Steve. That is what I was originally commenting about in my first post. I have ordered parts from Ford before and it has been great and then other times not so much.

8306gt

forum member
Reaction score
I made up a list last fall of all the parts I needed to complete my engine build and started buying.
I now notice that some common 3V parts have increased as much as 70%.

What has caused such drastic increases in such a short time?

M-12029-3V Coils old price $198.00 $269.88
M-6529-3V Rocker arm and lash adjuster kit $225.95 $288.97
M-6600-F46 Ford Racing High-Volume Oil Pumps $86.00 $111.97
M-6004-463V Ford Racing Camshaft Drive Kits $285.97 $479.97

Edit: I just noticed that I posted this in Tech instead of Chit Chat.
If a mod wants to move it.

I just bought the Coils, Cam Drive kit, and Rocker arm Lash adjuster kit and didn't pay an where near the prices you have listed as the new prices.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back