Yoke Removal TR3650

rocky61201

forum member
Reaction score
I've got 255k hard miles on my 06 and my first couple rebuilds were not 100% perfect. One was a little too loose and the other was a little too tight, both leading to premature bearing wear. It's not quite a simple as setting up a rear differential. Assemble everything and measure with dial indicator. If it ain't right take it completely apart, install shims, and start over. I got impatient. Lesson learned. I remember my first rebuild was due to that Royal Purple shit trashing my synchro rings. That happened around 100k miles and way before it was well known not to use that stuff. I immediately went out to a junk yard and bought a spare for $300 so I've always had two 3650s on hand.

My last rebuild, probably the 3rd or 4th time is sitting in the garage ready to install when I need it.

Last edited:

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
Heh, I had rp in my trans but immediately took it back out after finding bad information on the internet. Waste of money.

When I rebuilt my 3650 I did not change bearings at 80k miles (were like new and I'm cheap..) dressed up all of the synchro cones and shaped/ fixed 2nd gear face teeth. New blocker rings and DeX 3 non synthetic and it's better than new. End play didn't change, of course.

I'm still working on my shifter design. I would like to face plate 1-4 in one as well.

rocky61201

forum member
Reaction score
Face plateing has always sound like a great idea, I just didn't want to spend the extra money to have it done. All I've ever done is clean up and polish the engagement teeth on 2/3/4 and used my dremel to rework the angles/edges and polish the shift fingers to ensure a cleaner 2 to 3 upshift. I think because of that little extra work and the blowfish shifter bracket and the AMP Performance brass shifter bushings is the reason I've never been locked out and missed the 2 to 3 upshift at WOT. Yea I've got extra noise and vibration but I think the blowfish bracket is the best investment I've ever made.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
I have the bracket as well.

I will be making my own face plate stuff. I wish I could figure out the slider internal splines... EDM seems like the only way.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back