ZL1 Addons Jackpad warning!

POCOPOWER

forum member
Reaction score
Also there is a exchange program for the plastic ones on the site. Send in your junk and they will send you a aluminum pad. So be in for a butt hurt when they say they won't do nothing about it. They will say they had a recall on it and you did not exchange it.

BleedinBlue

forum member
Reaction score
That video just pisses me off. They had a recall and didn't notify me? So when you buy something you should regularly check their website just to check if there is a recall??? Bullshit.

The video describes the way mine broke perfectly.

302GT

forum member
Reaction score
If I had a ripped to shit qtr panel... I'd be in their ass about it. Having ANY vehicle jacking system fail is unacceptable and if they KNEW it was complete shit and easily breakable... that's just fucked up. That shit could have killed somebody.

Sorry bout your car man.

05gtowner

forum member
Reaction score
I would see a lawyer and have a letter drafted on their letter head stating what happened with detailed pics and description. I wouldn't let this go. Usually I think 99% of the time shit like this is our fault but this I don't believe is one of those times. Also what good faith effort did the company make to contact owners of the old pads they shipped out after they found them to be defective? I would imagine your contact info as well as your billing info is with ZL1 addons correct? That would be sufficient for them to contact you.

POCOPOWER

forum member
Reaction score
BleedingBlue even the new design is flawed also. They think they corrected the problem,but it is still there. Any of these jack pads are flawed. There is nothing to keep the metal or plastic from spreading apart. I don't care what they say but common sense will show when you jack the car up that there is gona be a side load on the pad. Their pat pending suppose design out of aluminum i would say about 100 jacks or so it will break. Im gona guess it is not a billet but cast design. Actually it looks like a industrial glass panel aluminum channel that hold windows in. Only way to make it would be to close the ends,to keep it from spreading. Or a wider pad with a side support.

BleedinBlue

forum member
Reaction score
I'll certainly never use anything similar again. Maybe some of the weld on style or subframe connectors, but never these. I'll build some ramps, too.

They should absolutely have my information from my order. I ordered directly from them and I haven't moved.

I'm going to give them a couple days to respond and then contact my lawyer and get his take on the situation.

Last edited:

05gtowner

forum member
Reaction score
Time to start hammering them where they are a vendor at and start showing your pics with that video as supporting evidence that there was a problem but ZL1 addons didn't do much to get those defective parts out of circulation.

claudermilk

Reaction score
Wow. OK, those are now off my list. I've been thinking about getting a set, but not now.

Jinx

Photography Blogger
Reaction score
Time to start hammering them where they are a vendor at and start showing your pics with that video as supporting evidence that there was a problem but ZL1 addons didn't do much to get those defective parts out of circulation.

Troll Camaro5 or Modern Camaro? Lol. jk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BleedinBlue

forum member
Reaction score
They are vendors at Mustangforums. I had to look up my log on info for there, but posted these pictures.

Boaisy

Dark Knight
Reaction score
Troll Camaro5 or Modern Camaro? Lol. jk

Probably won't happen on Gen6 Camaro's since they lost 200 lbs.

I remember these pads, and was going to buy some, however, I don't think they work with Roush side splitters do they? I have the same jack, and practically have to shove it in as far as I can to get it to reach the K-Member brace. The rear jacking point isn't an issue, just the front.

claudermilk

Reaction score
Probably won't happen on Gen6 Camaro's since they lost 200 lbs.

I remember these pads, and was going to buy some, however, I don't think they work with Roush side splitters do they? I have the same jack, and practically have to shove it in as far as I can to get it to reach the K-Member brace. The rear jacking point isn't an issue, just the front.

They have a version for cars with the Roush side splitters. That's what I was looking at. Checking the site for those (Here: http://www.zl1addons.com/index.php/...magpads/roush-mustang-premium-jackpads-detail ), it appears those are now a single-piece CNC chunk instead of a cut up extruded piece bolted to a base. Perhaps the new one will be more durable?

Jinx

Photography Blogger
Reaction score
If you guys decide to go that route, I'll give you the standard 10% discount, and I'll throw in free shipping.

I really hate to see that this happened. :(

Good deal, Can you use these with roush/RTR side splitters? If so are these visible on the car and welded in place? Various pics installed? I only see the close up pic on the site.

FIVE-OH

forum member
Reaction score
Holy crap, first off, glad you weren't under it...

But, man oh man, would I be pissed...hope these A holes do something to help you with repairs.

BleedinBlue

forum member
Reaction score
I'm pretty pissed! The insurance company wanted all available information about ZL1 Addons, it sounds like they are going to be contacting ZL1. I'm sure the insurance company has better lawyers than I do anyway, lol.

Thanks Sharad, once I get the damage squared away or at least get an appointment to have it repaired, I'll likely take you up on your offer.

POCOPOWER

forum member
Reaction score
Yea sounds like they will be getting a call. The ones from UPR, i would not even question them as they are well built and have the side load reinforced by how they are made. If you was gona buy a set,it would be them over the others for sure if it was my money and car.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back