Upgrade your console armrest to a quality leather or Alcantara

Jinx

Photography Blogger
Reaction score
Is the leather charcoal or black. This is something that usually bugs me on interior upgrades from the aftermarket because most of them are actually black instead of oem dark charcoal. I love the design and contrast stitching of your product Mike.

AOnorato

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
I'll be in contact with you shortly...looks like it absolutely transforms the interior...can't wait to get one.

amustangrocks

forum member
Reaction score
Is the leather charcoal or black. This is something that usually bugs me on interior upgrades from the aftermarket because most of them are actually black instead of oem dark charcoal. I love the design and contrast stitching of your product Mike.
the smooth leather comes kinda flat sheen and looks lighter, but as soon as it gets some dressing on it,it darkens and its about a perfect match with the oem stuff, ive had it in my car for a few years, and the pebble is pretty close too. the soft leather is also really close, maybe a tad darker.

one thing with leather, its like wood. every hide and even within the same hide are vaiations of texture, finish ect. we do our best to match up multi part orders, and we have been pretty lucky with hides to match up one part at a time orders. they all go pretty well with the ford charcoal, but the part outweights everything :) the charcoal alcantara is really a light gray, the black is a real black, but it acts like velvet or suede a little when you brush over it, so you get that light/dark effect a little. pretty nice stuff and we`re gonna work with it for the first time this weekend. so that option should be coming up real soon.

pm me your info and i can send you a couple samples. pick a thread color and i`ll get a stitch line on it too

Jinx

Photography Blogger
Reaction score
Alcantara is an great idea. I Would love to see pebble leather with alcantara center and white stitching. I like to do the boss steering wheel and I think it would look good together.

amustangrocks

forum member
Reaction score
heres a old pic of the smooth leather in my car against the seats. its pretty close. i saw a guy post that when he put lexnol on the #2 pebble it made it a little darker, but i think it will dry out and fade back a little. i have not dressed the #2 myself. when i dress my seats and parts they all get darker for a while. no one has really had any issues with the colors, and we have alot of parts out there. alot of people have gone with the pebble grain, but our original #1 smooth is really nice and shows the contrast stitching better. they are both really nice

not sure how the leather and the alcantara will look together. the stitching kinda sucks into the alcantara vs. more on the surface of the leather. but at some point we will try it out. someone posted on the boss wheel, the stitching looked like a off white stitch. i think its just a visual the way the stitch sets into it.

Attachments

• DSCF0686.JPG
    DSCF0686.JPG
    130.8 KB · Views: 117

amustangrocks

forum member
Reaction score
Alcantara coming up this week!!!

we just made our first cover from this material. this is the real deal stuff from Italy. its the same material found on the boss steering wheels. it has a awesome feel and a great look. the option for this should be up on the website in about a week. heres a few pics

Attachments

• DSCF1851.JPG
    DSCF1851.JPG
    238.9 KB · Views: 133
  • DSCF1849.JPG
    DSCF1849.JPG
    196.4 KB · Views: 124
  • DSCF1855.JPG
    DSCF1855.JPG
    217.5 KB · Views: 97
  • DSCF1847.JPG
    DSCF1847.JPG
    205.2 KB · Views: 99

WOT

forum member
Reaction score
we just made our first cover from this material. this is the real deal stuff from Italy. its the same material found on the boss steering wheels. it has a awesome feel and a great look. the option for this should be up on the website in about a week. heres a few pics

Highly interested! subscribed.

Jinx

Photography Blogger
Reaction score
Could you make a special order with black alcantara with pebble leather sides and white stitch?

t-kid

forum member
Reaction score
Interested in an Alcantara cover; is this an entirely new piece? Or do I have to install it on my existing cover?

amustangrocks

forum member
Reaction score
So this fits over the console lid, or does it replace the lid? Im curious cause I need a new console cover lid.
it fits over the lid and completely covers the lid. if its just cracked you could repair it and cover it up. but you would want the top to be smooth so the cover feels smooth. there is 1/4 padding which would help hide a little. i found one on ebay a while back for $50, tousley ford online new i think has them for around $60

Back