05 to 09 coyote generation 2 swap! Guide and help tips

Discussion in 'Hardcore Tech=*MOTOR SWAPS*' started by Jamie A, Mar 26, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Juice

Juice forum member

Gen 1

2. Jamie A

Jamie A Junior Member

Ok im doing gen 2 and ford control pack dosnt include the oss wire lead

3. redsnake

redsnake Junior Member

if you are gonna do and engine swap put a 7 liter GM LT1, all aluminum and plenty of cubes...kev

4. Jamie A

Jamie A Junior Member

Well the swap is already done and complete

5. Fabman

Fabman Children Of The Corn

Three questions:
    1) I am swapping a gen2 into my 06 road race car using the Ford racing control pack.
    The car has aftermarket dash/gauges, stand alone fuel pump and pretty much everything else is gone or stand alone so this is a simpler setup than most.

My question is how do I deal with the ABS?
    If I remove the remainder of the stock wiring (which has been pared down to almost nothing already) what will talk to the ABS?
    Do I need to run some or all of the old canbus/pcm etc. or can I pare that down further? Less is better, but I can't eliminate the ABS.

2) I see mentioned in various posts people changing the pilot bearing.
    It that just a preventative maint. thing or is it different than the 05/09 bearing?
    I'll be using the same Tremec magnum XL that I ran with the 3 valve.

3) How about my clutch, 8 Bolt alum flywheel and starter motor?
    Is any of that retained or is the Coyote stuff different?
    Thanks for any info.

6. Dino Dino Bambino

Dino Dino Bambino I have a red car

You can reuse the same tranny, clutch assembly, and flywheel, but you'd need the Coyote starter. The pilot bearing is cheap and easy to replace when the engine's out, so it would be a false economy not to.

Fabman likes this.
  7. Jamie A

Jamie A Junior Member

Well i have solved the ac questioning and now is functional with the stock preassure switches!

8. Jamie A

Jamie A Junior Member

Question 1
    Abs is its own stand alone system that run off the smart junction box in the cab. And i think still pulls its tower from the electrical fuse box from the engine and does speak through to the cluster through the high speed can bus. The pcm only does traction control through the abs module for motor rpm drop to regain traction.

Question 2

They both use the same pilot bearing but in all regards when you do a clutch replacment or trans work always better to start fresh with a pilot bearing to know that wont fale on you.

Question 3

The clutch must be the 26 spline to mate to the tremec magnum xl. The 3650 trans is a 10 spline. A 8 bolt flywhell will be needed but a old 5.0 from fox body age will fit and only fit one exact bolt line up to the motor it can be stressful finding out one bolt wont line up then have to remove all bolts to spin the flywheel but it does fit.

Now your magnum xl you will need to use a orveride reverse lock out toggle switch or a after market converter box that splices to your oss output speed sensor to engage lock out over 5mph and disengage at 4mph or less to ise reverse

Your after market gauges might be a pain for rpm coolant and oil preassure since oil pressure isnt used on gen 2 motors and speedo and rpm are calibrated through the pcm and thrown over the high speed can bus (HS CAN). And coolant signal is sent can bus as well but stock 05 cluster recieves signal but can not read to display the language.